WIP Wednesday 1/11/2012

iVillage Member
WIP Wednesday 1/11/2012
Wed, 01-11-2012 - 1:00pm

WEll, I have a picture to show off this week --- it's my first crazy quilt block which I plan on using for both the Crazy Quilt Journal 2012 Challenge and the Bead Journal Project 2102 piece. I sued the colors suggested in the Color Palette Challenge (at least suggested by how they looked on my computer screen --- I see others have different ideas of what I considered purple!)...

This is the completed block, auditioning laces, ribbons, found objects and the like:

January 8, 2012.jpg

I have also decided on lime green, deep purple and white seed beads (after all, for BJP, it HAS to be beaded) and I think I will try to find floss in navy (or dark royal blue) , purple and lime green as well. And maybe white.

I'm waiting for some pattern transfer carbon to come fro an online dealer as I found a PinTangle motif that I would like to place slightly off center on this piece if I can get it transferred easily: the block is too thick to use a light box as I stitched the block on felt instead of muslin (I thought that would handle the beading better), and I don't trust standard carbon paper (did you know a packet of carbon paper at Staples costs nearly $20? AAARGH) or free-handing that motif.

As for other projects in teh works, there are still teh first two assignents in teh Stash Busters which I really should kit up, adn the TAST2012 piece--- blanket stitch... need to decide if I'm sticking with Green Apple or looking for a different floss to use for it (the other green I picked is MUCH darker and might be too much of a contrast but...). Sooner or later I will HAVE to switch flosses becasue I only have two skeins of Green Apple and one of teh dark blue I used for the date... and it makes sense to do each band in the sampler in a different color, don't you think? And if I'm going to do that, I really need to decide now so it doens' tlook like I ran out in the middle, right? LOL

Who knows, I might even take out "Sewing With Mama!" this weekend!

So what is in progress for you all?

CL for "

Community Leader
Wed, 01-11-2012 - 5:11pm

I should post another picture of my Treetop Sampler and see if you could see any difference, but I don't want to strain your eyes! I did get about 15 minutes of stitching time the other day while babysitting a sick grandbaby. She did not sleep long, though, so that was all.

I like the colors in your block, Carol. I will be eager to see what it looks like after embellishment!

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-11-2012 - 10:20pm
I hope the grad baby is feeling better... Much more important than stitching for Grandmother to be there when you wake up!

CL for "

iVillage Member
Sat, 01-14-2012 - 5:12am

Carol - I will be interested to see how your crazy quilting turns out.

Liz

iVillage Member
Sat, 01-14-2012 - 2:34pm

Looking forward to seeing Chilly WIly!

So what is next for you besides kissing pillows? Anything kitted up yet?

CL for "

iVillage Member
Sat, 01-14-2012 - 11:31pm

Next up is

Liz