WIP Wednesday 1/25/2012

iVillage Member
WIP Wednesday 1/25/2012
Wed, 01-25-2012 - 12:02pm

Well, I spent more time trying to catch up with various challenges (Crazy Quilt Journal/Bead Journal) and Stash-Buster Club but I did put in one night of backstitching and Lazy Daisies on "Sewing With Mama!". In case you can't tell, I stitched the detail for the ruffles in the red-and-white pillow shame and started the lace doily under the tea cup:

January 24, 2012.jpg

Of course, with TAST - week 4 out (which I haven't started), I am already behind again, and there will be Finishing Frenzy over at Crazy for Cross Stitch tomorrow and Janet Perry has said she has one more Bargello Club piece "in the pipeline"... And February is just around the corner for the next Crazy Quilt Journal/Bead Journal/Color Palette challenge!

By the way, my Bargello Club subscription is finished but she says she's going to start an other one. Do I want to take that on? I mean, there is a stack of these little "ornament-sized" pieces sitting on my cutting table waiting to be "finished" into something... do I want to add more? OMG, I must be nuts!

So what is everyone else working on this week? Anything you'd be willing to share photos of?

CL for "

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-25-2012 - 8:37pm

Carol - "Sewing with Mama" is coming along beautifully.

Liz

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-26-2012 - 10:00am

For me; blackwork becomes a mindless way to stitch ONCE you get the pattern donw. But it takes some conenctration to figure out how to do that pattern. And if it changes form time to time, well, that's a new learning experience.

Of course, I "cheat" on my blackwork, becasue I am not making pieces that will be seen from both sides. I tend to fall very quilckly into backstitching instead of double running stitch.

I know, I know --- that's a bad...

As for challenges keeping me stitching, I feel guilty that my name shows up so often as both originator and responder on posts... If a newbie came by, they'd think for sure I was the sole reason for the forum exisitng. SO I need the rest of you to brag as well! LOL

CL for "

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-26-2012 - 5:54pm

I think that "Love Tokens" may end up being a combination of backstitch & double-running.

Liz

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-26-2012 - 7:13pm
You are right about frogging silk.. It's not a nice thing!

CL for "