WIP Wednesday 2/1/2012

iVillage Member
WIP Wednesday 2/1/2012
Wed, 02-01-2012 - 3:31pm

Oh my --- three days of "appliance" repairmen (satellite twice, furnace once, stove top once) and I didn't get in a stitch in all those days.

What I've been working on is clearing the decks of that Stash-busting club piece. It's meant to be a picture frame mat and I have found that my frame not only doesn't match her size but it requires some fudging; I sort of knew that but misread her instructions on fudging so the middle of each side will be a little "off"... so it may look a little strange when done. Also, my color choices aren't exactly shabby chic like hers

CL for "

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-02-2012 - 11:44am

Wouldn't you know --- just as I finished this and logged off, a pair of emails came in, each with a new pattern: A pincushion for the Stash Buster Club and a "last" Bargello Club entry using lots of negative space. So I'm even further behind than I thought.

Oh well, at least that's the last Bargello Club for a while (unless she starts up a new one --- will I be nuts enough to sign on?)

Here's my Crazy Quilt Journal/Bead Journal Project fabric line-up for February:

P1010001.jpg

I pulled the same two purples (second and third from the left) and lime green (second from the right) I used in the January block and have the same beads as well (lime green, purple and white) and floss (lime green and light purple) and have added some orange and some rayon lime green and darker purple to the floss mix. And of course, some of the ribbons are the same... Now to transfer the grid to the felt base and I can make the block...

Here's hoping the purples and lime green won't be in all the next ten blocks because I don't think I will be able to match them!

Oh, and I copied the "KImono-Revisited" chart so I can mark it up (that fold out in a book would be a pain to work with). Next step --- check out my stretcher frames to see which ones work best for the cloth...

CL for "