WIP Wednesday - 3/14/12

iVillage Member
WIP Wednesday - 3/14/12
Wed, 03-14-2012 - 12:02pm

Ok, Ok, I broke down and started "Kimono - Revisited". After all, I had nothing else to stitch in my project bag EXCEPT pieces that hadn't been started yet (and they still call my name periodically but 'm resisting)... and the weekly TAST and monthly Stash Busting CLub don't take that long that I can fill my stitching time.

So I started outlining... and frogging! I mean, I copied the dratted chart, TWICE! I marked the dratted chart, TWICE. AND still, I missed a place and had to frog. Have you ever tried to remove Kreinik braid from congress cloth? It has to be cut out. AND now my room is filled with little bits of mylar and fuzzy thread from that activity and, if you look carefully, you will see where the braid USED to be because it left the weave slightly distorted upon removal!

Two days, one and a half spools and this is only one quarter of the chart...

March 14, 2012.jpg

I'm using Kreinik's 5003 which is a dark navy (black?) with areas of blue and green in it. Pretty subtle, actually...And the ONLY think I dislike more than stitching with rayon is stitching with braid! AAACK!

So, ladies, are you stitching?

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-15-2012 - 5:19am

How frustrating for you, Carol.

Here's my needlepoint class project.

Liz

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-15-2012 - 12:12pm

Very nicely stitched adn I agree that teh green works --- if it were all purple, then that green in the variegated threads would have faded in to the backgorund!

What was the variegated thread you used? I like thatmix of colors...

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-15-2012 - 6:49pm

I don't know!

Liz