WIP Wednesday - August 22, 2012

iVillage Member
WIP Wednesday - August 22, 2012
Wed, 08-22-2012 - 1:47pm

Well, I did stitch a lot this week --- the Cross Stitch Crazy Stitchathon for August was from Monday through Sunday  and the International Hermit & Stitch Weekend was this past weekend --- and I managed to stitch over 2700 stitches  (all in the darker blue --- four out of eight pages in the chart done in that color) on "Birds of a Feather:

August 19, 2012.jpg

Two counting errors and no way I'm ripping them out as I only discovered each in the very last stitch of each motif! Now to figure out how to fudge as the right side mirrors the left... and I can't figure out where I went wrong in the one!

Working on "Birds of a Feather"  was to the neglect of all other projects. So on Monday, I quickly whipped out week 33 of TAST and started on the latest installment of Mittens & Mini-Socks. I also kitted out the latest Color Through the Ages L"lesson" (Amish colors)  and hope to get both mitten, mini-sock and the Amish twinchie done this week. If I get anything done at all on "Kimono-Revisited", it will be a minor miracle!

Any work going on amongst the rest of you?

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-23-2012 - 5:32am

Here's the bookmark I stitched for Lily - my cousin's grandaughter"

Lily's-bookmark-08-12.jpg

This is the bookmark I'm working on for Gus, another cousin's son (then I have to do the one for his older brother Leo. Of course he picked one with lots more stitching):

Gus's-bookmark-in-progress-.jpg

Oh, per your request, here's one of the Kissing Pillow tops I've stitched:

Kissing-Pillow-top.jpg

We send them up to the Evergreen Chapter in WA & they make them into the pillows with a patriotic print for the backing.

Liz

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-23-2012 - 9:48am

I LOVE those bookmarks! Those kids chose well, I think!

And thanks for the kissing pillow photo! I've been curious for ages! LOL

iVillage Member
Sun, 08-26-2012 - 8:57pm

Mary Frances - Is your EGA Chapter stitching the Kissing Pillow tops?

Carol - I actually picked the design for Lily.  I thought of her as soon as I saw it because Deanna often calls her Lily Bug and she loooves pink.  Her room is so pink it's almost scary!

Liz

Community Leader
Mon, 08-27-2012 - 12:37am

Liz,

Yes and bookmarks for young readers. Are you coming to the regional meeting in October in Concord? I might attend. I am trying since I am now treasurery of my guild to understand how regional works. 

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-27-2012 - 2:47am

Mary Frances - Yes, I am planning on coming to the GPR meeting in Oct. unless something unforeseen happens.  I usually do go.  I'm never sure exactly how useful they are, but I think the break-out meeting for the Treasurers is one of the more important ones.  I am at least starting to get more familiar with people.  I didn't feel completely out of it at the GPR Seminar anyway.  Do try to make the meeting, it will be good to finally meet you.  I look forward to it.

Liz