WIP Wednesday - August 8, 2012

iVillage Member
WIP Wednesday - August 8, 2012
Thu, 08-09-2012 - 8:25am

Yes, I know it's August 9 --- rememerbed late last night i forgot to post this! My bad...

Anyway, here is where I am in WIPS (besides up to my eyeballs in unstarted assignmetns: TAST week 32, Mini Socks & Mittens, Kimono - Revisited installments...):

My Color Palette/Crazy Quilt Journal/Bead JournalProject combo block is this far along:

Kind of bland so I hope to bling it up a bit with metallic threads and lots of beads adn sequins adn even maybe a few buttons. Leaning towards stars on this one, becase of the pattern on that dark red fabric...

Birds of a Feather has half of the fourth color in the border done:

August 7, 2012.jpg

ANyone here stitching?

Community Leader
Thu, 08-09-2012 - 7:25pm

I am putting in the outline on my Kimono Revisited. I have picked out my colors for section 40 and really want to see how they will work out but I am trying to be under control and finished the outline for that band first.

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-10-2012 - 4:35am

Polly's-scissor-fob-2012.jpg

I just finished stitching this scissor fob for my SIL.  Now I need to finish putting it together.  The corners all fold down to the center back to make a diamond shape.  This is a little painted canvas I bought at the GPR Seminar in Tacoma.  I still have all these other patterns I bought there & at Regal Rabbit's closing sale that I'm trying to kit up.  It seems like I'm missing at least one thing for each of them.  I'm in a bit of a quandry with one of them.  The pattern calls for Anchor threads which aren't readily available around here. Oh, Mary Frances, do you know if NIHS carries Anchor?  Anyway, I was able to find all of them in a conversion chart, so I thought "no problem".  Wrong - one of the 2 Perle cottons converts to a color that DMC doesn't make in Perle.  Could I just use multiple strands of regular floss?  If so, how many strands do you think would be equal to #5 Perle?  I've been looking at the DMC color chart too & there are a couple of colors I may pull to see if they would work Ok IF they're available in Perle..

Liz

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-10-2012 - 5:26am
Liz, Nordic needle sells Anchor #5 perle http://www.nordicneedle.com/ctgy/I01-04-00.html...and I've had good luck with speedy service from them... Much faster than the alternative of ordering from the UK, which seems to be the place that still specifies Anchor...

I see that NIHS has #5 perle from DMC, Crescent Colors and WDW...and they have photos of the last two so maybe you can get a close match that wary...

As for substituting... I think you might be able to, but the texture would be "off", KWIM? If color is more important tha texture, the go with it.

I know what you mean about Anchor availability. Ben Franklin here stocks Anchor but only the solid floss. Very irritating...