WIP Wednesday, January 16, 2013

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-16-2013 - 3:14pm

Even with house guests over the weekend and a sore right arm, I did manage to get a little stitching done.

In addition to finishing (finally) the 2011 BJP wall hanging (posted elsewhere in this folder), I put in some time on "Red Thai Mandala", getting closer to finishing the inner border and a good head start on tehe outer border...:

and started the mini-sock for teh January "Mittens & Mini-Socks" assignemnt (Called "Jewel"):

No progress on BJP 2013 or on CQJP2013 though; I still need to think about how to finish BJP 2012; and BJP 2010 is calling to me to put in the final stitches (I would dearly love to shock those quilt guild members with show-and tell of "real" quilts! LOL).

This is stitchathon week over at Cross Stitch Crazy and International Hermit & Stitch Weekend as well, so i have an incentive to stitch, even with company coming this weekend...

So how are your WIPs? Have any to show us? The easy way in this new system is to attach (which doesn't always work for me, especially if you have more than one photo to attach), provide a link to a flikr or photobucket  (or ??? other photo storage???) site or a web site or blog where you have your pics, or use the WYSIWYG picture icon and type in the "Direct Link" code from Photobucket...

CL for "

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-17-2013 - 2:41am

Ok, I'm going to try attaching a pic of my Spring Banner which I may even finish this week.  The center square has pink bead flowers, at the top of each pair of leaves, that I still need to put in & I need to finish the backgrounds on the bottom square.

Liz

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-17-2013 - 5:22am

You are e really getting into canvas work! Didn't you once say you didn't "like" canvas work? Or am I Mis-remembering?

CL for "

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-17-2013 - 6:27pm

I don't know if that was me. However I will admit that painted canvases don't seem to appeal to me much - maybe I'm just not sure what to do with them.  But I've just "discovered" doing canvas work from a pattern this past year & I am enjoying it.  I think my next projects will probably be cross-stitch ones though.

Liz

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-18-2013 - 5:53pm

Like you, I don't know what to do with painted canvases beyond plain old tent stitch and following the colors suggested. But I do like counted canvas work (I'd done a lot of little pieces from Janet Perry's blog and Kimono was my first really BIG piece) and the variety of stitches one can employ.

Also, like you, I am hoping to get more counted cross-stitch in in 2013. I really seemed to have so much ELSE to do last year and I miss it!

CL for "