WIP Wednesday June 22, 2011

iVillage Member
WIP Wednesday June 22, 2011
Wed, 06-22-2011 - 12:24pm

One more frog (green) done and one nearly done (only a few dark grey, yellow and one lone pink stitch and the red frog will be complete!

Community Leader
Fri, 06-24-2011 - 1:59am

I will see if I can take a picture of Garden of Babylon. You will be amazed at how much more I have gotten done. Of course it was supposed to be finished by 6/15 but I am working on the final lesson. I need to hurry up so I can start my next lesson which is the three wise men. There are over 100 students in this class!! Then I think I will take a rest from classes for a while. I have some things running around my head that I want to do.

Are you affected by all the flooding? We haven't gotten the snow melt in No Cal yet and we could also have flooding.

iVillage Member
Fri, 06-24-2011 - 10:29am

We are constantly being put on flood watch and flash flood watch and some of the storms that have dome through here have resulted in some street flooding, but (fingers crossed) the Maumee isn't flood prone near us. Upstream a little, yes (the village of Grand Rapids gets hit about one every five years with a big one, usually when the river ice breaks up) and downstream, yes (Waterville has a lot of low-lying properties) but we are high up and our lake flows right through to the river...

Our biggest issue is standing water in the plowed corn and soybean fields = mosquitos = East Nile (or is it West Nile) virus! WE are in the old Black Swamp and the area is artificially drained with deep roadside ditches dating back to the 1850s and field drainage tiles but that doesn't help if you get three inches of rain in an hour or two...

iVillage Member
Sun, 06-26-2011 - 5:22am

I finally finished my SF Panorama, fixed a boo-boo &

Liz

iVillage Member
Sun, 06-26-2011 - 11:51am

Wow --- custom!

AS for posting photos, the little icon in the too bar is acting up for some so, if you can't get it to post (if after inserting, it doesn't show in preview --- it's being an issue with you too), try putting it in photoshop and then using the html code in the post (use the html tab, of course)...

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-27-2011 - 5:17pm

Lyn

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-27-2011 - 6:20pm

Sorry to hear about your knee, and even sorrier that, with studies starting up again, you'll continue to be scarce. we do miss you!

Thhanks a lot for dropping by and showing us your lovely piece. The colors are so cheerfull --- hope that relieved the boredom!