WIP Wednesday, March 20, 2013

iVillage Member
WIP Wednesday, March 20, 2013
Wed, 03-20-2013 - 2:28pm

First day of spring but it sure doesn't look like it!

I did stitch a lot this past week, thanks in part ot International Hermit and Stitch Weekend for March and to the National Quilt Day work day for our quilt guild. But I'm sitll behind!

FInishes this week, already posted, inlcude both the mitten and the sock for the latest "Mittens and Mini-Socks" class and Stitch 58 for TAST. I'm declaring my block for the "Encrusted Crazy Quilting" class completed; even though some in the class have made suggestions for more embellishment, the instructor says that it is fine and besides, like I said, I am so behind I have to draw the line somewhere. Here is the block, in case I didn't post it already:

The bottom 1/3 feels a little empty but I wasn't comfortable with adding more stuff there. However, I have several cool ideas from two other class members now so maybe I'll take this out of "retirement" later in the year and work more on it. Or maybe it will remain a WIP... It will depend!

In progress --- my wall hanging for the color palette/crazy quilt journal/bead journal project challenge of 2012 and the first "piece" for the Sumptuous Surface Embroidery class (no photo - I'm waiting for some thread in the mail to continue so I got stuck on outlines). And the instrouctor's going to start the second half of the class soon so I am WAY behind there!

Anyone else with something to share?