WIP Wednesday, May 15, 2013 (late again, I know...)

iVillage Member
WIP Wednesday, May 15, 2013 (late again, I know...)
Fri, 05-17-2013 - 12:53pm

I didn't stitch at all this week. While my eyes are healing, the eyglasses I now have arent' working with the new lenses so it will be 7 - 10 days before I will be able to see well enough to stand stitching...

Ditto staring at a computer screen for very long stretches, which is necessary to keep posting to iVillage. Therefore, I may be a lot scarcer for a while until things improve around here, but I will be checnking in so if you post, I will try to answer.

Anyone stitching? Anyone out there at all?

iVillage Member

Well, I am here, but don't feel you have to reply.  Take good care of those eyes.  I realized the other day that my friend Susi's birthday is sneaking up on me, so I pulled out the scissor fob I was stitching for her.  Luckily, I had more of it done than I realized. So I did a bit of the border yesterday. But it's alternating black & red elongated cross-stitches on 30-count red linen & is a real pain to stitch.  I don't know how many times I've taken them out.  Hopefully I can finish that up tomorrow. Need to make the red & black twisted cord to go around it too. Something I've managed to avoid doing for all this time, but I did pick up a cord winder from our Stitchers' Exchange table, so now I have no excuse. Then I can just put it together.  Still looking for something that I really WANT to stitch though.

Liz

iVillage Member
Sat, 05-18-2013 - 12:18pm

I've had good luck with the "tape the ends to the table top and twist" approach to making cording... This YouTube video does it with yarn but this slide show uses Mouline: I've done it with perle and with DMC.

I don't tie knots or make tassles with it... just stitch the two ends in the part of the item I'm trimming in the place where you turn it right-side out before final stuffing or whip stitching back together...

CL for "