WIP Wednesday, November 21, 2012

iVillage Member
WIP Wednesday, November 21, 2012
Wed, 11-21-2012 - 10:30am

Time to get to work on the Thanksgiving prep but I do have some WIPS to report on and I hope to continue to work on them during the mania that is Black Friday (and Small Busniness Saturday, as well...).

FIrst of all, I have completed the TAST for this week and posted it in the TAST week 47 thread. Second, I stitched a while on "BIrds of a Feather" over the last wekend and got all the "lazy daisy" stitches in purple in the border done. All that is required now in that border are two metallic braid specialty stitches and backstitch in dark blue floss. The it's on to the middle of the piece! I do think I'm begining to like how this is turning out...

I also had a case of "start-itis" and really wanted to work on something a) NOT blue and b) not speciality stitching! So... Michael Powell's "Home Sampler" fit the bill. What blue there is in this peice is in the sky and half-cross stitches only! Wink And it is moving along nicely too...

Lots of backstitching in this one eventually, but most of that is in black so that won't be nearly as painful as some with mutli-colored backstitching that I have done! For some reason, I dread multi-colored backstitching the most...

Anyone else stitching this holiday week?

CL for "

Community Leader
Sun, 11-25-2012 - 5:15pm

I am beginning to stitch on the next to the last long band on the Kimono. I still have the next Jane Zimmerman class to begin but it won't happen until the kimono is finished. Then there is my bargello purse which needs 5 more inches of stitching before it can go to the finishers. I have done 12 inches already so I am on the home stretch. Of course Christmas will get in the way of all of this! I am beginning to really enjoy my kimono and am playing more with repeating colors and seeing how differently they appear in a different context. I am tied of compensating stitches though!

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-26-2012 - 11:24am

I felt the same way about my Kimono, the closer I came to finishing it! LOL But mine looks so "gaudy" next to those like yours and that sunset-on-the-beach one with all the pastel colors so nicely blended. And then there are the autumn color ones --- which I might have chosen if DH hadn't picked the blue out instead... Oh well, it's thread envy, I'm sure!

I swallowed my gum when Cathe said how much it might cost to have her finisher do the kimono. I know it would probably be worth ti to have it professionally done --- no way *I* could do it, that's for sure. My needlepoint fniishing is pretty much limited to striaght-line sewing into pillow tops! But more than the whole class cost, and I'm not sure I fell safe mailing it off to someone across the country. Guess I'll settle for a simple frame locally...

CL for "