WIP Wednesday - September 12, 2012

iVillage Member
WIP Wednesday - September 12, 2012
Wed, 09-12-2012 - 12:49pm

I've been beavering away below stairs (in my basement craft sapce), kitting up TAST 2012, JAnet Perry's latest Stash Buster and Mitten & Mini-sock lessons, and the color palette/crazy quilt journal/bead journal piece. I finally got the basic block for the latter done:

basic block.jpg

Very plain but the ribbons, lace adn beads are all planned to go where there are no seam overlaps (this was an odd grid) so I need to hopp this adn get to wrok!

I also continued stitching on Birds of a Freather and got the third bird color done:

Septemebr 10, 2012.jpg

Everything else is on hold because I'm owrking on some autumn-themed cards and also, there is quilt guild tomorrow night. But I hope to make big progress this weekend for International hermit & Stitch Weekend!

Any WIPS to share?

iVillage Member
Thu, 09-13-2012 - 7:39pm

Well, here's Gus's finished bookmark, although the colors didn't come out too well in the scan.  The background should be a very bright yellow.

Gus's-Bookmark-2012.jpg

And this is Leo's:

Leo's-Bookmark-2012.jpg

This is the Halloween canvaswork piece I'm working on - it didn't scan too well either.

Halloween-in-progress-9-13-.jpg

I like the pieces for your Crazy Quilt piece - can't wait to see it embellished.

Liz

iVillage Member
Fri, 09-14-2012 - 10:52am

Those bookmarks are so cute! I love the concept behind the ticket and teh robot is so colorful! Well stitched! Now be sure you get them in the mail! LOL

I know what you mean about scnaners. Somehow, they distort color and they aren't good with anything with texture. On the other hand, cameras aren't much better with color and I often find that any attempt to "photoshop" the end result to clear it up or balance color results in weird effects. The best hint I've heard is to use natural light to the extent possible... cloudy natural light being best, I've heard. But I'm too lazy to carry my stuff outside and try to take pictures --- with the wind here and all, I can see me chasing something across the lawn! 

CL for "