12/19/12....QOTW....Crazy Dogs.....LOL.....

Community Leader
12/19/12....QOTW....Crazy Dogs.....LOL.....
Wed, 12-19-2012 - 1:40pm

Hi everyone...and I hope you're all having a great week so far.  I can't believe that Christmas is almost here....and we'll soon have a New Year!!

When either I or DH get home from work, we put Cleo out and then feed her.  After about half an hour, she wants to go out again.  Many times I'll let her out and leave her for a while to do her "business".  Often I'll go to bring her in and she'll just be sitting there staring at the woods.  In the Summer it's still light, but now it's pitch black.  We live in a community, but our house is way up on a hill out of the way with no other houses in sight....so I often wonder what's she's looking at.

Do your furkids ever do anything that make you think "Why is he/she doing that?"

Laura
iVillage Member
Sat, 12-22-2012 - 8:18pm

All the time, those goofy habits and sometimes gross ones.  Jake loves this time of year because he manages to find frozen "tootsie rolls" in the yard, even though we try to keep up with it.  Gross...and Jessie will be on the sofa and just start to dig at it for all she's worth, like she's digging a hole to China.  And then she has permanently ruined both of our sofas by spending so much time laying across the top of the back cushions - they're permanently squished down about 6 inches, but that's just her perch.  Our "Murphy" once somehow managed to drag a 3-foot long log about 5 inches in diameter thru not one but TWO dog doors - I came home to find it laying in the middle of the living room.  I wish I'd seen THAT, he had to have worked awfully hard. 

~~joannaran~~

Community Leader
Wed, 12-26-2012 - 10:51am

OMG....that's too funny about ^Murphy^.....LOL....  Once these dogs get set on something there's no stopping them!!

I've had to start picking up my sofa cushions again....I used to do that when I left the house because I know that Cleo went on the sofa when we weren't home....and recently I started noticing the same thing again.  The one thing that really annoyed me is that a couple of weeks ago I noticed the middle cushion was wet....I think that she vomited up some bile right on the cushion....I had to remove the cover to clean it which, of course, you're not supposed to do.  So now I have to keep her off....

Laura