3/6/13.....QOTW...."Scairdy Cats"

Community Leader
3/6/13.....QOTW...."Scairdy Cats"
Wed, 03-06-2013 - 4:56pm

Hi everyone....and I hope  you're all having  great day.  For you in the Midwest and East....stay safe with this new storm.

I've been hearing that we might have gotten some bad weather mid-week.  This morning while I was having breakfast it actually looked as if the sky was brightening and that we would have a good day.  About 20 minutes later the sky began to darken and I saw a flash of light, followed by a huge "boom".  It started to pour and the rain soon turned to hail.  I noticed that after the first clap of thunder Cleo picked herself up and went into my bedroom.  When I went in to take a shower she was hiding in my closet.  When I came out of the bathroom she was parked right in front of the door.

What are your furkids afraid of...if anything?

Laura
iVillage Member
Sun, 03-10-2013 - 11:17am

Oh, poor Cleo! 

Fiona isn't really scared of storms.  When it's dark & raining outside, she does tend to sleep all day.  She's maininly scared of people we come across on walks.  Especially if they're standing still (waiting for a bus, or something.)  She'll stop in her tracks & refuse to move.  

Mia is scared when anyone knocks on the door.  Ari is really layed back, & hardley scared of anything...except sometimes Mia. :)   

iVillage Member
Sun, 03-10-2013 - 10:54pm

I need to edit this to add couches to the list of things that Fiona is afraid of.  We took her for a walk in the dark this evening, & came across a couch that someone had put on the sidewalk for bulk trash pick up to take away.  She stopped in her tracks, & refused to move.  We finally got her to, & she hopped around avoiding it.  It was pretty hilarous.  :)

Community Leader
Mon, 03-11-2013 - 1:58pm

LOLOL....that "is" funny!!  I can just see that.  My Cleo gets nervous too at new things.  A few weeks ago it was raining and when I brought her in from outside she refused to go up the stairs from the garage to the house...I realized that her towel had fallen from raining onto the steps and she woiuldn't step over it....

Laura
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-11-2013 - 10:13pm

I completely forgot.  Fiona is scared of basement steps.  She goes down the steps off the back deck to get to the yard just fine.  She refuses to go in the basement though.  We even went to dh's brother's house, & she was scared of the steps there.  Dh, his brother, & Fiona's Pitbull cousin, Ronan all went down the steps.  She stood at the top whinig.  Very sad!  I just don't quite get it though.