8/29/12....QOTW....Friends

Community Leader
8/29/12....QOTW....Friends
Wed, 08-29-2012 - 10:47am

Good morning everyone and I hope you're having a great week.  DH and I advertise in a local newspaper and we were invited today for lunch aboard the publisher's boat.  I understand he takes out a few advertisers at a time as a "Thank You" for advertising in the paper.  I'm not really too enthused but DH wanted to go....it should be nice because the weather is beautiful today.

Cleo loves going to the Dog Park and, of course, there are a lot of regulars that go there with their dogs.  Cleo enjoys playing with some dogs more than others and it does seem as if they seek each other out to play.

Do your furkids have any special "friends"?

Laura
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-29-2012 - 12:19pm

Great question. "Lelu" and I haven't been to the dark park is a while. I haven't been able to drive since March(diagnosed with epilepsy). But when we went to the dog park "Lelu" loved to play with the Skipperkey's (sp) that were there. Those were her favorites. I guess just like we are attracted to certain people dogs are attracted to certain dogs.  There is also a little dog in our neighborhood that is walked everyday named Teddy and Lelu loves to play with. John, the owner of Teddy stops by and we walk to grassy area near our houses and we let the dogs off their leashes and they play for a little bit. Bad us, we are breaking the law. LOL But they are having fun!! I think Teddy and Lelu have crushes on each other. It is cute!

Anne
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-30-2012 - 8:36am

Fun question!

Fiona is very lucky to have her best friend live next door.  My husband & mine's really close friend moved next door a few months before we got Fiona.  He has a sweet three year old Basset Hound called Daisy.  We bring Daisy to our yard everyday, & they play for hours.  

Another one of Fiona's good friends is her cousin (my husband's brother's dog).  He's a 1.5 year old Pitbull.  He might be a little more her style to play w/then Daisy, since he's another crazy Pit.  They only come over maybe once a week though.  

Fiona thinks that her cat brother, Ari, is her friend.  Ari tolerates her a lot better than the other cat, but he doesn't seem to think it's as fun as she does when she wrestles him to the ground & bites his neck. :0

Community Leader
Thu, 08-30-2012 - 8:50am

Yes...it is cute when you see them get so excited about another dog.  Cleo loves to play, but she does have her "favorites"....LOL...

Laura