12/18/12....Weekly Roll Call....

Community Leader
12/18/12....Weekly Roll Call....
Tue, 12-18-2012 - 8:48am

Good morning everyone...and I'm sorry I'm a little late.  I hope everyone had a great weekend.

This past weekend we had our First Annual Dog Park Holiday Party....it was so much fun and we hope to do this every year.  Of course the Dog Park people are great....and one of them is an interpreter at Colonial Williamsburg.  He's really a character and told some great stories that had us all hysterical.....  I've posted a pic of the cake I made.

Sunday I bought my tree and decorated it, which was an almost all-day affair...and Cleo was a little leery of it.  I hope to get some pictures of her near the tree this weekend.

Let's have your name, location, furkids' names and breeds and....are you all ready for the holidays?

Upload a File: 
Laura
iVillage Member
Tue, 12-18-2012 - 12:35pm

Carol, NW Ohio, three Bombay cats (Faith, Dominic and Kathy) and I'm nowhere near ready. We had scaffolding in the living room until this weekend with the final touches being made on the damage repairs from last summer's roof leaks... now that the roof is new and the inside is fixed, I feel a lot better about this house but... it's awfully late to start decorating! AAARGH! At least the cards are sent and the shopping is done...

CL for "

Community Leader
Wed, 12-19-2012 - 1:47pm

I grew up with a father that loved to decorate for Christmas....my mother did the cooking and gift shopping...but my father did the decorating - inside and out.  That's where my love of decorating for the holidays comes from.  I sometimes think to myself why I do it...we have no children and rarely does anyone ever visit....so the decorations are just for me.

when we lived in NJ we used to do a lot of decorating outside...I got rid of so many large decorations when we moved to VA so I don't have much right now....but I still love to decorate.  Last weekend we got our tree....I thought of it as a waste of money but I love having a tree...and i'm glad I did it now.

Last year we went up North for Christmas so I decorated the house and then just put some lights on my baker's rack....LOL....no tree.  It was fine...but if I hadn't gotten a tree this year I would have regretted.

But having repairwork done in the house would have stopped me too.....I definitely understand.  At least now it's  "done"....

Laura
iVillage Member
Fri, 12-21-2012 - 1:20pm

While waiting for this page to load (so very slow today), I atually went to teh basement, searched out teh two artifical trees and hauled them upstairs...

Now for the ornaments! Red, green and gold for the white tree, all cats for the brass one. I'll get there!

CL for "

Community Leader
Mon, 12-24-2012 - 12:28pm

I'm glad you decided to decorate.....I just love having Christmas decorations around....even when times are stressful it lifts my spirits.

I always say  I could have one tree just with dog ornaments...maybe one day I'll do that....LOL....

Laura