4/18/12.....QOTW....Pet OCD

Community Leader
4/18/12.....QOTW....Pet OCD
Wed, 04-18-2012 - 1:08pm

Happy Hump Day everyone...and I hope you're having a good week so far. We had a couple of really warm days but we had some rain last evening so things have cooled off a bit. I hope we have a "Spring" this year....and don't go right into the intense Summer heat all at once....

Cleo has this very annoying habit of constantly licking my tile floors, especially in my kitchen and breakfast nook. But she'll branch out into my family room too at times. I can understand when maybe DH gives her a treat and she wants to lick the crumbs from the floor, but it is much more than that. She actually waits until I am done makin dinner for myself in the evening and then follows me into the kitchen to lick at the floor. I'm not sure how to break her of this habit so I'll usually just tell her to Stop....which she does for a couple of seconds and goes right back to doing the same thing.

Do your furkids having any "OCD-type" habits?

Laura
iVillage Member
Wed, 04-18-2012 - 6:42pm

Kathy has this annoying habit of begging for food, even though she looks like a bowling ball with legs from above. She can beat me to the pantry from any spot in the house, even when I have a head start of one floor and the lenght of the house! And she's mouthy! Feed her, and 20 minutes later, she's begging again (usually after throwing up on a white carpet somehwere of what she had just gulped down). . Wonder if she was hind teat as a kitten...

CL for "

Community Leader
Thu, 04-19-2012 - 3:09pm

Cleo can be fast asleep anywhere in the house, and if I open a can of tuna fish she's right by my side before the can is completely opened (I believe she's part cat....LOL).

She also knows that if we do "anything" to her like brush her, clean her ears, brush her teeth, etc. she gets a biscuit.

Laura