4/22/09....QOTW...Regression...

iVillage Member
4/22/09....QOTW...Regression...
Wed, 04-22-2009 - 12:50pm

Hi everyone...and I hope you're all having a great week so far.

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-22-2009 - 3:46pm

This actually happened to us too, sort of. We adopted Bud from Sheltie rescue when he was 3 years old. He had a hard time integrating into our household because he was afraid of everyone and everything, but he gradually seemed to be "getting it". When we adopted him, he came with a round dog bed. About 3 months after we adopted him, he decided to chew through an electric cord. I was shocked because he had never chewed anything since he got to our house. I was also shocked because it's a friggin electric cord - thankfully it wasn't plugged in. Then about a week later, he completely shredded his bed. I don't know why he did these things but it was the only time he acted up. I just thought the chewing stuff was behind him since he was 3 (not a puppy anymore). I hope it wasn't from the stress of a new home but if it was, he got over it pretty quickly and never chewed anything after that. I got him

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-23-2009 - 12:20pm

I think Cleo is about 3YO....when we adopted her the shelter told us she was about 2...but I think she may have been younger.

The only change was that DH and I went to NYC over the Easter weekend...and Cleo seemed to have taken it a little hard.

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-23-2009 - 2:06pm

Aww... poor Cleo. Sometimes that baggage comes back out. I know that Bud is still terrified of the pan cupboard and we've had him for 6 1/2 years. And every once in a while a loud noise will make him go hide in his crate again. And still, after all this time he still ducks sometimes when we reach to pet him like we're going to hit him. I guess no matter how much healing they've done, some of that baggage never goes away.

Has Cleo chewed on anything else since then?

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 04-24-2009 - 12:56pm
Thankfully she hasn't chewed anything inappropriate...but I did notice this morning that her "gumabone" has been chewed up.