4/8/09...QOTW...Leaving Your Pets....

iVillage Member
4/8/09...QOTW...Leaving Your Pets....
Wed, 04-08-2009 - 10:24am

Good morning everyone...and I hope you're all having a great week so far.

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-08-2009 - 11:33am
Well, they basically won't eat while we're gone - the bare minimum. However, they're always thrilled to see us back! If it's more than 3 days, we take them to my XH's house and he watches them. If it's less, we have a family friend come over daily to check on them.

<
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-09-2009 - 12:01pm

Although dh loves the shelties and cares for them now and then, they're really my dogs since I do all the taking them out and feeding and going to the vet with them. Whenever I've gone away for a few days the shelties seem very happy to see me. Dh said for the first day or so that I'm gone, they'll sit by the door waiting for me to come back and then they'll settle down. Gracie isn't too good about eating when I'm gone but Bud never loses his appetite. One time that I was gone (I had to go care for my dad when he was spending time in the hospital) dh said that Bud laid in the driveway and wouldn't come back into the house until it got dark.

I wonder what they'd do if both of us left? I'm not sure about that but they're pretty flexible.

Photobuckethappyeaster

Photobucket
Photobucket