5/6/09....QOTW...Quality Time...

iVillage Member
5/6/09....QOTW...Quality Time...
Wed, 05-06-2009 - 10:15am

Good morning everyone...and Happy Hump Day!!

iVillage Member
Wed, 05-06-2009 - 3:36pm

Well lets see. I think I do pretty well. Dh is so busy, poor guy, but he tries.

Diesel, I think of her as a grumpy old woman. She is our older cat. Everything has to be on her terms. She will really only accept a bunch of attention when she wants. So there are days when she is a loner. But when she is willing, she will nap by me when my son is napping or do a drive by pet if she feels like it.

Max, our younger cat he gets his time off and on through the day and also sleeps at our feet, so right before bed he gets his lovins.

Chloe, our puppy she gets time off and on through the day too. My son pays a lot of attention to her and likes to play. She also will nap on my lap in the afternoons. She gets a lot of lovin.

Some days it is NOT easy balancing all the quality time, but they manage to get some love!

christinaaug26.jpg picture by freakytiki2

Visit

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-07-2009 - 11:36am
It sounds as if all your furkids get a great amount of attention...if they want it, of course....LOLOL....

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-07-2009 - 1:55pm

Great question! I worry about quality time since I work an hour away from our home. I try to spend time with them though. In the morning we spend almost an hour walking around the property and then we play soccer in the kitchen with a bouncy ball. Then dh fake chases Bud around the kitchen table. They love it. When Gracie was young I realized that we had to get her a little bit tired before we went to work or she'd bark the whole time we were gone (my former

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 05-08-2009 - 10:46am
You certainly do give your furkids a lot of attention...that's great!!

iVillage Member
Fri, 05-08-2009 - 11:29am
It sounds like a lot of time but shelties can be high energy and a tired dog is a good dog. LOL I'd like to spend more time with them. Fortunately, they're not as high energy as my aussie was. She'd play until she'd drop if I'd let her.
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket