6/3/09.....QOTW....Obedience Training

iVillage Member
6/3/09.....QOTW....Obedience Training
Wed, 06-03-2009 - 11:55am

Good morning everyone...and Welcome to Wednesday.

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-08-2009 - 9:58am

When we first got Gracie she was only 4 months old but she was painfully shy. The vet recommended obedience classes and I'm so glad I took her. I was trying to socialize her, which is what they did, but she also took to the classes like a duck to water. She LOVED them so we ended up taking all the obedience classes and getting her CGC and then Delta certification. The classes really helped her self confidence. Then when we got Bud, he was skittish and afraid so we took a small class and it so helped him. He took all the obedience classes too and got his CGC. I highly recommend the classes to anyone who gets a dog. It's a great bonding experience and helps dogs socialize and become confident. I still now and then take "refresher" classes with Gracie.

And they do mostly listen to what I say. I am confident walking Gracie off leash anywhere (although I don't ever do it when there are cars around). She does a perfect off leash heel. Bud on the other hand learned a lot but he's a bit dog aggressive and will go after another dog if he sees one. He still listens pretty well though.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket