7/20/09....MONDAY ROLL CALL....

iVillage Member
7/20/09....MONDAY ROLL CALL....
Mon, 07-20-2009 - 2:45pm

Hello everyone...and Welcome to Monday.

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-21-2009 - 2:46pm

It sounds like the dog park was a good time, even though the lab was overly friendly.

Greta here in NC with the shelties Gracie & Bud. It's been nice here too except for it's a little warm. On Sunday dh and I went to animal control and adopted 2 chickens. I've got a smallish pen for them right now but I have to build a better coop. They're pretty young. Not laying eggs yet. Animal control actually has a few farm animals. I hung my purse on top of the 6 foot fence while I was chasing the chickens and a goat went over to try and eat it. LOL- I got it before he did.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 07-23-2009 - 12:45pm
OMG...how cute!!

iVillage Member
Fri, 07-24-2009 - 9:10am

When I was 12 or 13 I saw an ad in the back of a magazine for a little tiny egg incubator and I had a friend who had chickens so I convinced my Mom to try and hatch a couple of eggs. 2 hatched but one was a rooster and we lived in the suburbs so we had to give him to my friend with the chickens. I kept the little hen and took her everywhere with me and spent a lot of time with her. She was my first best friend. She used to ride on my shoulder when I walked around the yard and sit on my lap when I read and did homework. So, I've always been fond of chickens. Now that we moved out to the country we have lots of room. A stray rooster showed up on our property about 6 months ago and then he wandered off about a month ago. I missed having him around so I convinced dh that we could use a couple of chickens. We don't need a rooster for the girls to lay eggs.

Photobucket