8/29/12.....QOTW.....Friends

Community Leader
8/29/12.....QOTW.....Friends
Wed, 08-29-2012 - 10:56am

Good morning everyone...and I hope you're having a great week.  DH and I advertise in a local newspaper and we were invited today for lunch aboard the publisher's boat.  I understand he takes out a few advertisers at a time as a "Thank You" for advertising in the paper.  I'm not really too enthused but DH wanted to go; it should be nice because the weather is beautiful today.

Cleo loves going to the Dog Park and, of course, there are a lot of regulars that go there with their dogs.  Cleo enjoys playing with some dogs more than others and it does seem as if they seek each other out to play.

Do your furkids have any special "friends"?

Laura
Community Leader
Fri, 08-31-2012 - 12:28pm

I know that most cats have different temperments than dogs....but there ae dogs that are "stand-offish" too.  My beloved day ^Samantha^ was more of a loner....even my mom used to notice when she would dogsit that Samantha spent a lot of time on her while my other dogs always wanted to be with Grandma.

Cleo is more of a "social" dog....at home she wants attention from either me or DH...yet, she rarely gives us affection.  At the Dog Park she'll kiss "everyone".....go figure....LOL.....

Laura
iVillage Member
Thu, 08-30-2012 - 10:01am

Given that our pets are cats --- I'd have to say they don't have freinds.

I'm not even sure they like each other all that much! True, one occasionally finds two of them sleeping together --- rarely all three. Dominic has this tendency to treat KAthy like she (and he) are still "intact, KWIM? And KAthy HATES that (after all, she's not in heat...) ! And while Faith and Dominic may occasionally chase each other aournd the house, Faith will leave a sofa or a lap immediatley if Dominic gets even close...