Monday Roll Call....2/6/12

Community Leader
Monday Roll Call....2/6/12
Mon, 02-06-2012 - 2:50pm

Hi everyone...and it's Monday again!!

Laura
iVillage Member
Wed, 02-08-2012 - 1:22pm

rol, in NW Ohio, with three Bombay cats (Faith, Dominic and Kathy) and I saw the last 13 minutes or so of the game. I really didn't care that much since I don't like EITHER team but, if my Niners couldn't be in the game, I guess I was glad my baby brother's team won! Not that I'll ever tell HIM that! LOL

Community Leader
Fri, 02-10-2012 - 9:30am

Thankfully DH is not a football fanatic; he'll watch the games in the evenings during the season, and enjoys the Super Bowl just because it's "different".

Laura
iVillage Member
Fri, 02-10-2012 - 11:47am

I grew up in a football-mad town and from high school was indoctrinated with the intricacies of the game. Our history, biology and algebra teachers were also coaches and I remember well on Fridays in Biology and history, we'd get a X-and-O tutorial on the game plan for the evening! (similar things happened on Tuesdays and Fridays during basketball season!).

So, when I started college at a school with one of the winningest football (Doyt Perry, and basketball - Harold Anderson) coaches in the country at the time, it was only logical that my knowledge of the game improved. On to grad school at USC (semi-pro ball, practically) and Florida (the SEC was just coming into it's own then) where we made it to every game! And we lived in San Francisco during the first ever Niner's Super Bowl win! Is it any wonder I "get" football? But I am team-loyal and usually only watch when one of my teams are playing (or one of our old arch-enemies so I can root against them! LOL)...

Basketball, however, especially pro ball, now eludes me. I'm not a fan of the shot clock which pretty much prevents playmaking and ball handling... so I rarely watch basketball unless it's the local university's ladies team... who rock!