Orionid meteor shower Saturday/Sunday 1:00am

iVillage Member
Orionid meteor shower Saturday/Sunday 1:00am
Fri, 10-19-2012 - 7:17pm

What to expect
The best time to see the Orionid meteor shower is anytime from about 1 or 2 a.m. local daylight time until around dawn, when the shower’s radiant (in Orion’s upraised club, just north of the bright red star, Betelgeuse) is highest above the southern horizon

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/49479429/ns/technology_and_science-space/ 

iVillage Member
Sat, 10-20-2012 - 1:07pm

Sindee:  I guess it wouldn't be good to be out in the woods if your hip gave out....unless of course Skye was like Lassie and went and got some help.

It is a good thing that Rick has a brave wife to go get that dead possum out.  Possums are pretty ugly when their alive let alone when their dead.

Grilled chicken sounds good.

If Rick is golfing then you can play around tomorrow and do what you want.

MMFallSiggy2010.png picture by greykits

iVillage Member
Sat, 10-20-2012 - 12:55pm

We're having a beautiful day..  Would of been a perfect morning to go to the park and walk a path through the woods... I was so scared my hip would give out...I just stood in the yard and through about it...

Grilling chicken legs and thighs for supper....  Rick's playing golf tomorrow.. 

Wednesday evening I was out with Skye and I smelled a dead animal...  found it... dead Possum in a window well. Huge stucker..   Rick watched me take care of  things from across the yard...

Fall

Community Leader
Sat, 10-20-2012 - 12:55pm

It rained off and on all day yesterday and all night last night.  They say we are supposed to have light rain all week.  Right now the sun is out so maybe they are wrong again.  I hope so!  You may be able to see the show in the sky in the morning if it clears up for you.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 10-20-2012 - 10:27am

Leslie:  It rained all night here too and is still raining this morning.  It is supposed to be sunny tomorrow so maybe I'll see something then.

Community Leader

I heard about that.  Of course it's rainy here and probably won't clear up tp see anything.  But I'll look and see if I can see anything early tomorrow morning. 

Photobucket

iVillage Member
wow,

iVillage Member

My best time would be to catch it at 5 or 6 am when the kitties wake me up to eat.  Although with the rainy mornings it might not be a clear sky and this week with rainy mornings the kitties have let me sleep in until 7:30.

Thanks Sindee