Thursday Thoughts

Community Leader
Thursday Thoughts
Thu, 01-24-2013 - 9:24am

Today my thought is about Pet Loss,I have been through it,it gets worse every time and I say never again,now with Misha and Daisy being sick and Bailey just passing it makes me think even more. I layed awake half the night thinking about bailey,it is almost like he was my own..and he is almost teddy's twin..does anyone have any thoughts on this??

Pages

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-24-2013 - 10:26pm

I think the older we get the more critical we are of ourselves.  We think that we should know everything the older we get.  As my dh says he thought he knew most things at his age now but is still learning everyday.

For Better or For Worse is based on a family from a town north of Toronto.  I remember reading it when I was young.  It must be great to have all the books.  The comics are disappearing from all the newspapers now.

MMFallSiggy2010.png picture by greykits

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-24-2013 - 9:56pm

Thanks Leslie!!!  God knows i have been on the pity pot enough in my lifetime!!  LOL!!!

Lookin forward to bringin Berkus to his forever home on saturday.

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-24-2013 - 9:53pm

Thanks Jane....sometimes i feel i have had enough counseling, been thru enough cr*p in my life, read enough self help books, n watched enough oprah shows.....whew, i should be happy all the time n know most of the answers.....but oddly enough i seem to attract more cr*p.  I shouldn't feel this way, but i do.  LOL!!!  I know alot of the sayings that really help, i just have to remind myself of them alot.  

There is a comic column..."For Better or Worse"  that i have read for years.  My ^mom^ was the one who got me hooked n it always made me laugh or cry.  Over time her n i bought all the books that have all the comic strips in.  The title says it all....for better or worse...it is what life is...for better or worse!!

Community Leader
Thu, 01-24-2013 - 9:20pm

You're a smart lady Mary.  Yes there is always some having worse days or times than we are no matter what we are going through.

Love this saying........
 If you want to sit on the pity pot, sit......just don't stay there.

Photobucket

Community Leader
Thu, 01-24-2013 - 9:17pm

That's a wonderful poem Mary.  I love old dogs too.  Berkus is a lucky little boy to have his forever home with you as well as your other poms and Tiny.

Photobucket

Community Leader
Thu, 01-24-2013 - 9:13pm

That's just beautiful Jane.  The loss of your dear friend was bad enough then the diagnosis you got about Misha.  Sometimes I don't know how we can deal with such sadness.

Photobucket

Community Leader
Thu, 01-24-2013 - 9:08pm

((((((((Sindee)))))) those kinds of things we never forget.

Photobucket

Community Leader
Thu, 01-24-2013 - 9:07pm

That's such a beautiful poem Mary. 

That quote from Sir Walter Scott is so true.  I never thought about if a dog lived twice as long as they do, it would be even harder to lose them.

Losing a pet is devistating, but it's the way life is.  We don't have to like it and life is tough at times.

Yes there are so many dogs and cats that need homes and we a lucky to be able to give just a few a home as long as we can.

Photobucket

Community Leader
Thu, 01-24-2013 - 8:59pm

Thanks (((((Jane)))).  I sure hope that the tumor will ne benign too and Daisy can live a few more years.  I keep praying.  Misha is in my prayers too.  I know how hard it is for you to see him sick. It's just not supposed to be like this.

(((((Hugs)))))

Photobucket

Community Leader
Thu, 01-24-2013 - 8:56pm

I agree Chris it seems to get worse with every loss we have.  We have all gotten so close that when one of us loses or has a sick furkid, it's almost like one of ours.

I feel blessed to have these sweet furkids in my life although it's so hard when I lose them.  I think the poem Rainbow Bridge means the most to me.  It gives me hope that I will be with my furangels once again.

Photobucket

Pages