1/9/13...QOTW....DIY Dentals....

Community Leader
1/9/13...QOTW....DIY Dentals....
Wed, 01-09-2013 - 2:40pm

Hi everyone...and I hope you're all having a great week so far.  The weather is crazy here in VA...it's supposed to hit almost 70 degrees today....and then go back to normal tomorrow.  It's way too warm for January...that's why everyone is getting sick!!

I used to clean Cleo's teeth with doggie toothpaste and a brush once a week.  I don't know how much good it did but, unfortunately, after a while I just stopped.  Saturday I decided to buy those dental wipes they have for dogs.  I tried using them the other dog and, besides the fact that I couldn't get them out of the package (very annoying) I don't really think they do much.  I'll use them up and go back to the toothpaste/toothbrush.  It's better than nothing but I know she'll need a dental at some point.

Do you brush your furkids' teeth and, if so, what do you use?

Laura
iVillage Member
Wed, 01-09-2013 - 5:37pm

I've never brushed Jack and Taz's teeth. So far only Taz has had her teeth professionally cleaned. Jack's teeth are ok.

Community Leader
Fri, 01-11-2013 - 7:40pm

I've never tried it but my MIL used to brush her beagle's teeth.  But she was a dental assistant.  I get the vet to do the cleanings.  Do yours take well to the doggie paste and toothbrush?  I imagine I'd have a war on my hands, with the other one egging it on.  

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 01-12-2013 - 7:59pm

Dental health seems to be breed related.  The greyhounds had bad teeth, lots of tartar, and needed scrapings and cleanings annually.  My Weimaraners have all had beautiful white teeth even into old age and never required any care from me. 

Barbara

Oh say, can you see?

Visual Impairments

<

iVillage Member
Mon, 01-21-2013 - 5:59pm
I brush Peco and Vozzy's teeth every night before they go to bed. Peco will not let me forget, he bugs me while I am getting ready for bed to brush his teeth by pawing at me, he just loves it, the toothpaste that is! Vozzy likes the toothpaste more than the brushing also.