4/29/13....MONDAY CHECK IN....

Community Leader
4/29/13....MONDAY CHECK IN....
Mon, 04-29-2013 - 1:47pm

Hi everyone...and I hope that you had a great weekend.  The weatherwas nice....but today it's just "miserable"....rainy cool, windy....and it's not going to get much better as the week goes on.  At least Cleo got to go to the Dog Park three days....and she can rest up today....

Let's have your name, location, furkids' names and breeds and...what did you do this weekend?

Laura
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-29-2013 - 4:05pm

Hi Laura! Terre from Arkansas here with Jack and Taz, Toy Fox Terriers. Didn't do much over weekend. Saturday just stuff around the house - dh was gone for the day. Sunday I met him in town and we had breakfast before he took off on a business trip. He'll be back home on Wednesday. Meanwhile the pollen is thriving in my neck of the woods. Cough cough. That's the extent of my weekend.

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-29-2013 - 8:35pm
Donna here with 3 y/o Greyhound, Dante, in HOTzona. It's 102 today and only going to get worse. I HATE SUMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyway, LOL! What did I do over the weekend? Saturday, I did nothing and Sunday, I took Dante to Petco for my monthly Greyhound meet n' greet. He didn't like it as much as he normally did because we are now stuck inside instead of outside because it's so hot and he was disturbed by the other adoption group there that has a zillion screaming Chi's and a Coonhound that loved to hear his voice, etc. It was very noisy. And here we sat with our very quiet well behaved Greyhounds LOLOLOL! I also got to visit with a friend for 1/2 hr that came down from CO for a few days to say hi to her old friends. I miss her and found out she's pregnant so I bought her some baby gifts that I was able to give her yesterday. I love baby stuff! I actually love babies - it's when they start walking and talking that I have issues - LOL!
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-29-2013 - 9:43pm

Gaye here in Dallas/Fort Worth with Anya, Jabaar and Roo Ben, the pugs and Dylan Thomcat, the Siamese.

Roo Ben had a mast cell tumor removed Friday, and I went to Fort Worth to pick him up.  He handled the surgery really well, and was happy and in good spirits when he came home.  Since he was doing so well, I decided I didn't have to stay home with him so, I ran all weekend.

Saturday I volunteered at the shelter's PetSmart offsite adoption event.  We took 11 dogs and all 11 were adopted by 2:30!  The weather was perfect.  We were able to set up outside in the parking lot, and we got a lot of exposure!

Saturday night I met friends at Wendy's and we went to the University of Texas at Arlington Music Department final concert.  Their choirs and orchestra performed Schubert's Mass and Holst's The Planets.  My friends' daughter is a vocal performance major.  Awesome performance.  One thing I love about living in a college town is the ability to attend performances for $5 or freee!

Sunday morning was church.  Then Sunday afternoon the friends of the shelter group I  belong to had an organizational meeting for the Paws in the Park event we put on in October.  Adoptions, vendors, games, food trucks, agility demonstrations, etc.  It's the major fundraiser, with most of the money raised used to pay vet bills for animals rescued from the shelter.

My friends I went to the concert with had just put their 16-year-old German Shepherd down because he had cancer.  Their other dog, a chihuahua mix, was grieving and refusing to eat, so they decided to get Sugar a buddy.  Because this is "what I do," I found a few prospects, met Kathryn and Miranda at the shelter after she got out of class today, and facilitated an adoption.  Adorable male schnoodle, about 5 years old, on the urgent list because he was fearful in the shelter.  They will be the perfect family for him.  Snickers is being neutered tomorrow and Miranda will pick him up tomorrow afternoon after class.

Snicker is in 203. He's 7 yrs old and loves to be loved on. He was scared in the beginning, but he spent 30 minutes with me and loved the attention. He was interested and friendly with other dogs next to him. He's calm and house trained! I love this boy!

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-30-2013 - 9:26am

Oh God, it's hot already?? It's in the 80's here and the pollen is just horrible! Ugh

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-02-2013 - 3:59pm
What a cutie!