6/24/13....MONDAY ROLL CALL

Community Leader
6/24/13....MONDAY ROLL CALL
Mon, 06-24-2013 - 11:33am

Good morning everyone...and i hope you had a great weekend.  This week is supposed to be hot and humid...about right for the end of June.  We've had some crazy weather lately and i was wondering if it was "ever" going to get hot....

This weekend I was back in the Studio painting....given that I hate to paint it was a chore.  But there was some molding and doors that needed a new coat of paint and since DH has been so busy during the week lately I thought I would "step up" and get it done.

Let's have your name, location, furkids' names and breeds and....are you planning anything special for July 4?

Laura
iVillage Member
Mon, 06-24-2013 - 12:46pm

Good Morning Laura! Terre from Arkansas checking in with Jack and Taz, Toy Fox Terriers.

We had another hot weekend so i did lots of watering outside - water water water LOL Other than that - out to dinner Saturday night. Sunday - dh finally fixed the shower head in the master bath so now we don't have to hear that drip drip drip. It was driving me nuts!! Jack and Taz were slugs spending more time indoors. It's too hot for them. They can only be out 15-20 minutes.

As for the 4th - we'll probably grill something yummy like steaks or burgers and relax. Little Rock usually has their celebration with fireworks but we never go. I'm just glad to have dh home so he can rest. He's been working so hard lately!

Community Leader
Mon, 06-24-2013 - 3:51pm

Cleo's not good with the heat/humidity either.  DH said that at the park yesterday she mostly laid in a hole she dug under one of the benches rather than run around....it was very humid.

Laura
iVillage Member
Mon, 06-24-2013 - 4:14pm

Awww, poor Cleo. These weather conditions are just not good for our dogs.

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-24-2013 - 5:27pm

Barbara in Michigan, with 10 yr old Weimaraner Comet, 4 yr old MiniPin mix Brownie, and Keek the Kat.  We have had great weather, 80's with relatively low humidity (for Michigan!).  I'm still hobbling around from my sprained ankle, but doing what I can to finish my yard work.  Waiting for the weed killer to work on the rocks!  Almost July and I still have a flat of flowers to plant.

Oh say, can you see?

Visual Impairments

<

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-24-2013 - 6:38pm

Gaye here in Dallas/Fort Worth. 

Anya, fawn pug; Jabaar, black pug; Roo Ben, foster giant fawn pug; Pre, daughter's small black pug, boarding here; Dylan Thomcat, sealpoint Siamese.

There is a parade here in town on the Fourth, and the friends of the shelter group I belong to has been invited to walk in the parade with their dogs.  But it too darned HOT here in North Texas in July to walk an elderly pug, so I doubt we participate. 

Community Leader
Wed, 06-26-2013 - 3:05pm

I hate when I get a late start for my summer plants.  This weekend I definitely need to do some bush pruning...the bushes in my yard get crazy so quickly...but I know it's going to be really hot and humid so I have to get an early start.

Laura
iVillage Member
Wed, 06-26-2013 - 10:18pm
Donna here with 4 y/o Dante, Greyhound, in HOTzona. For me, nothing special for 4th of July. I will be working it and the day after (Friday) but at least I'll be at home! Soon I'll be an employee at American Express instead of a contractor, so I will have paid days off! WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-27-2013 - 9:27am

donnaldy59 wrote:
Donna here with 4 y/o Dante, Greyhound, in HOTzona. For me, nothing special for 4th of July. I will be working it and the day after (Friday) but at least I'll be at home! Soon I'll be an employee at American Express instead of a contractor, so I will have paid days off! WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Wow - Donna! That's great!! I'm sure you're looking forward to it.