7/22/13....MONDAY CHECK IN....

Community Leader
7/22/13....MONDAY CHECK IN....
Mon, 07-22-2013 - 1:29pm

Good morning everyone...and I hope you all had a great weekend.  Nothing special for us....it was DH's birthday yesterday but it was a quiet day.  I bought him a DVD of the old sitcom Mr. Ed, which he loves...and made ravioli which is one of his favorite dishes.  He took Cleo to the Dog Park...so life is good....LOL....

Let's have your name, location, furkids' names and breeds and....what's the weather like where you are?

Laura
iVillage Member
Mon, 07-22-2013 - 2:07pm

Terre from Arkansas checking in with Jack and Taz, Toy Fox Terriers. This morning we finally got some good rain so I am happy. I think there is more on the way later today.

Didn't do much over the weekend. Saturday - worked in the yard (ho hum)...then we had our date and ate out. I had nachos and we shared a yummy and rich chocolate cake - LOL! Sunday - dh left for a long trip. I miss him already ;-( sigh...he will be gone 10 days!!

Have a great week ;-)

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-22-2013 - 4:46pm

Barbara in West Michigan with 10 yr old Weim, Comet and 4 yr old MinPin/Beagle mix, Brownie.  Our heat wave finally broke and we are having glorious Michigan summer weather again.  Daytime highs in the mid 80's, sunny with low humidity, some rain over night and in the 60s.  This is why I still live here!  

On Saturday I made a quick run to the vet (70 miles round trip!) with Keek the Kat, as he had white gums and I was concerned about dehydration or anemia.  Of course when we got there he was just fine.  My furminator arrived as well and all in all, Keek didn't have a very good day.  

I went to a baby shower on Sunday afternoon.  I have to admit I'm not crazy about those things, but it was for my d-i-l's sister and important that I be there, so I was.  Otherwise, I read and enjoyed the great weather.

Oh say, can you see?

Visual Impairments

<

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-22-2013 - 10:22pm
Hi Laura - I'm so sorry to be late with Frank's birthday wishes! I hope he had a great day - sounds like he did - can't beat homemade ravioli! YUMMY! Anyway, happy birthday wishes from me! Donna here with 4 y/o Greyhound, Dante in Arizona. We have been having a lot of monsoon weather which means t-storms and hard fast rainfall. I enjoyed it on Saturday. I didn't really do anything this weekend (as usual) although I went to see Reds 2 - excellent movie!, with my sister and dad and then we went to Macaroni Grill for lunch - YUMMY! Sunday was a rainy day. We are going to be "dry" this week so no storms. I prefer storms as it "cools" it down somewhat. Anyway, I hope everyone has a great week!
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-23-2013 - 9:35pm

Gaye here in North Central Texas with my pugs - Anya, Jabaar and Roo Ben (the permanent foster), and my daughter's pug, Pre, who is staying here while she is in New England on vacation.

I'm sorry, but I was completely unable to log in here yesterday and gave up.  Got on this evening on only the third attempt.  Yay, me!

I understand the heat index here was somewhere between 105 and 109.  I volunteer at the shelter on Tuesdays, and I was there today from 10 to about 1:30. 

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-24-2013 - 7:56am

Ugh!  I hope your HH wave (hot & humid) breaks soon.  Ours finally did.  It's 53 degrees this morning!  

Oh say, can you see?

Visual Impairments

<

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-24-2013 - 10:31am

Donna, how cool is "cool" during monsoon season in Arizona?

We got an unexpected reprieve from our predicted heat index for today.  Cloud cover this morning and a 20% chance of showers should keep our actual temperature under 100.  They lifted the heat advisory for today.