7/24/13....QOTW....Why do they act like that?

Community Leader
7/24/13....QOTW....Why do they act like that?
Wed, 07-24-2013 - 1:47pm

Hi everyone...and I hope you're having a good week so far.  It's been hot and humid here...but I think we're supposed to get some thunderstorms today to cool things off a bit.

Many times when DH takes Cleo to the dog park he'll tell me that she stalks or chases squirrels...and I've seen her do that when I'm there too.  But...in our yard she just ignores them.  I used to worry when I put her out because I'll often see 4-5 squirrels under or on my bird feeder....but she acts as if there not even there.

She's the same way with people; at the dog park she has to go up to every single person to get attention; but when someone comes to the house she becomes timid.

Do your furkids act one way at one time, and differently at others?

Laura
iVillage Member
Thu, 07-25-2013 - 10:58am

At home if another dog comes to the yard Taz will bark incessantly (trying to bark it away). She is  very protective  of Jack and won't let him have friends at home. BUT...at the kennel it's a different story. When they are boarded they both make friends and according to the kennel owner Taz is fine. I'm guessing it's a territorial thing at home.