7/30/12....MONDAY ROLL CALL....

Community Leader
7/30/12....MONDAY ROLL CALL....
Mon, 07-30-2012 - 12:54pm

Good morning everyone...and Welcome to Monday!!  I can't believe that the year is more than half over alrady...August is just a couple of days away.  We all wait for Summer to come...and then it seems to be gone in the blink of an eye.  But we've really had some crazy weather this year, so I won't miss that.  Today is warm and muggy, but certainly not the horrendous heat we had last week.

Let's have your name, location, furkids' names and breeds and....what did you do this weekend?

Laura

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-30-2012 - 5:45pm

Barbara in Michigan with Weimaraners Comet, 9 and Allie, 13.  I went to a barbeque at a work colleague's home on Saturday, and spent the rest of the weekend still cleaning up dog smells.  ^Jester's^ scent is apparently what triggered the urine brigade with the Weims, so I bought them both panties and pads until they regain their sanity.  They don't care for them...

Barbara

Oh say, can you see?

Visual Impairments

<

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-30-2012 - 9:03pm

Gaye here in Arlington, TX with my Pugs Moe and Anya and foster Pug Roly.

Had a ginormous triple-birthday party Saturday evening for my two granddaughters and my yoounger daughter, Christine.  Actual birthdays are 7/2, 7/16 and 8/12.  Made spaghetti and my famous spinach meatballs, even though it was 100 degrees outside. An entire large crockpot full of meatballs, because my granddaughter wanted some to take home.  Met my older daughter, Amy's gentleman friend (when one is 50, one is not a "boyfriend" I don't suppose) for the first time.  All went well.

Late signing in today because I was helping Amy set up her kindergarten classroom.  They clean the carpet every summer and just shove and dump everything in a corner.  Do you have any idea how much STUFF is in a kindergarten classroom?

Horrendous heat, Laura?  It's 101 degrees here at 8 PM.

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-30-2012 - 10:14pm

I never wait for summer because I hate summer - LOL!  I wait for autumn and winter!

Donna here with Emmy, Airedale Terrier/Hound mix, 12 y/o and Buzz, Greyhound, 11 y/o in stormy Arizona.

On Saturday, I took my niece with me to shop for party decorations for my sister.  We are celebrating her 50th birthday at my house on Friday and I want to make a big party out of it.  Then I took my niece barstool shopping and finally found the perfect barstools for my kitchen counter.  The counter is very high so standard size barstools didn't work.  Anyway, I'm soooooooooo happy as that was my last big purchase.  Everything else can wait now.  Sunday, my sister and her family came over and helped me move furniture so now my living room and family room are all set up.  She also helped me place my pictures - they're not nailed down yet but just placed so I can see how I like them throughout the week.  I also had a HUGE monsoon storm with microburst on Sunday which ripped off my very big clay tiles on my roof and ripped off my window screens.  The insurance estimator is coming out tomorrow to look at the damage.

Click on the links below to see a couple pics of my house.  :smileyhappy:

Looking into family room

View of family room

Living Room/Office

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-31-2012 - 12:30am

Donna, I just love your house.

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-31-2012 - 4:06am
Hi Laura,
Suzan & Cocker Coffee (4) from Germany. C stayed with us Wednesday - Saturday night and now she's home again. We mostly stayed lounging in the garden, weather was nice, we just were lazy LOL
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-31-2012 - 4:10am
Wow Donna! Fabulous! I love your home,,, the bar stools are really nice, love your floor tiles and it all looks so nice and tidy and clean and makes me want to come over for an iced tea with you. You've done a really nice job in such short time. REally neat how your cabinet fits right into that nook .... your office is wonderful..... makes ya want to get to work. I'm happy for you Donna.... :smileysurprised:)
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-31-2012 - 4:12am
I can not imagine how much stuff is in a kindergarten.. but can imagine that was some HUGE job! Glad your party turned out well.....
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-31-2012 - 4:14am
What a good idea Barbara,, (the panties) too bad if they don't like them , it will help them get their grief under control I would imagine.
Definitely help you not to have to keep up all that cleaning and disinfecting...

hope you had fun at the BBQ,,, sounds nice.
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-31-2012 - 9:14am

Donna!!! I love your house. It's so beautiful and I love your decorating style. Your office is beautiful and BIG. Wish I had an office like that ;-) Just a beautiful house!!

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-31-2012 - 9:19am

Sorry I'm late. Terre from Arkansas checking in with Jack and Taz, Toy Fox Terriers.

My weekend went by fast. Saturday we watered as much as we could. Then we drove into the city early and did a little shopping at Home Depot. We bought paint. We installed new doors (front and back) and dh needed to do a little touch up work. Then we ate out at Chili's - didn't care for my meal. Sunday - dh left for his weekly trip and the rest of the day was staying indoors and trying to stay cool. Jack and Taz were slugs again - as they always are on the weekends LOL

Pages