8/12/13....Monday Check In.....

Community Leader
8/12/13....Monday Check In.....
Mon, 08-12-2013 - 5:40pm

Hi everyone...and I hope you all had a great weekend.  We're coming to the end of the Summer...but it's one of those unbearably hot days here today.  Saturday we had a really bad thunderstorm late in the day; poor Cleo was not happy about that.  Yesterday we had rain, and we're supposed to get some storms tonight through tomorrow.  Well...that's Summer in the South....LOL...

Let's have your name, locations, furkids' names and breeds and...what did you do this weekend?

Laura
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-14-2013 - 10:57am

This week is going by so fast I must have missed Monday.  Barbara in Michigan, with 11 yr old Weimaraner, Comet and 4 yr old MinPin/Beagle, Brownie.  And Keek the Kat.  Sunday I took Comet to the World's Largest Dog Wash at a local ball park.  It's an annual fund raiser for Gilda's Club.  I try to go every year, but this year was a real downer.  They had young kids doing the dog washing.  Comet is mostly blind and clumsy, and tends to collapse when he has to stand in one place for any length of time.  There were three kids, aged about 9 to 12 "washing" him.  All they seemed to do was pour cold water over his back.  His back got a good soaking, but his legs never even got wet, since the breed sheds water.  I tried to help by getting them to use some shampoo and give him a good rub down, but it was useless.  It was only 74 degrees and when he started shivering, I told them that was enough.  They towel dried him with one thin hand towel, and I hustled him to the car and got him wrapped up in a blanket.  I would have been happy to donate the $10 without having tortured poor Comet!  

Barbara

Oh say, can you see?

Visual Impairments

<

Community Leader
Wed, 08-14-2013 - 1:36pm

Oh Barbara I'm so sorry!!  It's terrible when you think you're doing a "good" thing and it turns out to be bad.

I was just telling someone about our Memorial Day "ordeal" with Cleo.  DH and I wanted to do some painting in the Studio on that Sunday.  he felt that we would leave Cleo for too long a time (he worries too much....) so we thought it would be fun to take her with us.   Well...Cleo wanted no part of the Studio.  We had to practically carry her inside and the entire time we were there she sat at the front door looking out at the parking lot as if she was being tortured!!  Never again....

Laura