8/29/12....QOTW.......Friends.....

Community Leader
8/29/12....QOTW.......Friends.....
Wed, 08-29-2012 - 10:45am

Good morning everyone...and I hope you're having a great week.  DH and I advertise in a local newspaper and we were invited today for lunch aboard the publisher's boat.  I understand he takes out a few advertisers at a time as a "Thank You" for advertising in the paper.  I'm not really too enthused but DH wanted to go....it should be nice because the weather is beautiful today.

Cleo loves going to the Dog Park and, of course, there are a lot of regulars that go there with their dogs.  Cleo enjoys playing with some dogs more than others and it does seem as if they seek each other out to play.

Do your furkids have any special "friends"?

Laura
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-29-2012 - 11:59am

Hi Laura - I think the boat lunch sounds like fun!  Please let us know how it goes!!

Buzz & Emmy do not have friends - LOL!  Neither of them are interested in other dogs as friends, just humans.  Buzz does like other Greyhounds but isn't exactly "friends" with them.  The monthly Petco meet 'n greet is always with another friend and her Greyhound King.  King is always happy to see Buzz and likewise.  They both lay down together and Buzz will rest his head on King's back.  it's cute but out of sight out of mind - LOL!  Emmy gets to be around my dad's dog and my sister's dogs but completely ignores them like they don't exist.  She is definitely a people dog only!

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-29-2012 - 12:10pm

Not in the neighborhood - Taz won't allow Jack to have friends! LOL!! She is sooo overly protective of Jack. And quite frankly, she doesn't have a friend either. She's a mess. Now at the Kennel it's a different story. They do have friends there. I've been told by the kennel owner that Taz has a doxie friend and Jack has a JRT friend.

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-29-2012 - 1:50pm
Well when Coffee was more often here we went to the forest on the trails every day and she had a few friends there. The one friend that she really just loved was Baroness, a HUGE bloodhound. Baroness was a very very calm dog and didn't mind Coffee walking underneath her and through her legs.. I don't know anymore, as I haven't been able to bring her to the forest since January and then not since my OP ........