** Monday Roll Call ** 7/29/13

iVillage Member
** Monday Roll Call ** 7/29/13
Mon, 07-29-2013 - 10:41pm

Happy Monday everyone!  Sorry I'm so late.  I have company visiting and deadlines at work so my time is very short for the fun stuff! 

Let's check in with your name, dogs names, ages, breeds, where you lived and what you did over the last weekend in July!!

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-29-2013 - 10:45pm

Donna here with 4 y/o Greyhound Dante in the Phoenix, Arizona area.  Had a nice weekend.  Went to see the movie, R.I.P.D. with the every so handsome Ryan Reynolds!  The movie was so so but the eye candy was excellent - LOL!  Then went to lunch with my sister to a chinese restaurant that we used to love, they closed down for a year, then reopened and YUCK!  Wow the food was horrible!  Too bad really because they used to be excellent!  Sunday, Dante & I went to Petco for our monthly meet 'n greet and Dante enjoyed himself very much!  He is such a people-dog!  Loves everyone!  Then after that we went over to my dad's for dinner - it was some chicken in wine sauce thingy he crock-potted all day - wasn't good.  Then my Aunts showed up from California which was so wonderful.  They haven't been out here to Arizona since my mother passed away 7 years ago.   They're staying with me so they get to see my "new" house and everything.  Anyway, enjoying them very much!  We usually meet in Las Vegas every July but this time they wanted to come out here to say good-bye to my nephew who is going into the Marines in a few weeks.  So busy weekend for me when normally I do nothing - LOL!

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-29-2013 - 11:32pm

Gaye here in Arlington, Texas.  Pugs:  Anya (11), Jabaar (10), Roo Ben (9).

Worked the shelter offsite adoption event at PetSmart Saturday.  We adopted out five of the twelve dogs we took.

My daughter, Amy, flew in from her vacation Friday night, and came Saturday afternoon to get her little dog.  I've had him for most the past six or seven weeks, because she had broken her wrist and her orthopedic surgeon advised placing the dog elsewhere until she healed.

Sunday morning was church.  The last Sunday of choir vacation.  Back to the choir loft and hot black robes next Sunday.

Sunday afternoon, I attended the meeting of the friends of the shelter associaton.

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-30-2013 - 9:30am

Terre from Arkansas checking in with Jack and Taz, Toy Fox Terriers. Jack is 10 and Taz is 9. Didn't do much over the weekend. I've been alone since dh ihas been gone...but he returns TONIGHT! He's been gone 10 days so I am so happy he is finally returning. 

Saturday did some weeding outdoors (wish the gardener did that job). With all the rain we got now the weeds are really coming up. Nothing kills them LOL! Drove dh's new car to church to show it off.

Sunday - didn't do much but catch up on reading and watch Jack and Taz snooze. I swear they sleep sooo  much on the weekends. ;-)

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-02-2013 - 11:59am
Hi Gaye - I bet you miss Pre especially having had him for so long! My Dad is back to the choir loft as well. He hates summer break. If he could go to practice every week forever he would be so happy. That's his only socialization - choir & church.
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-02-2013 - 12:00pm
Hi Terre - that was a long trip for Sam! I bet you are so happy to have him home now. What is the new car that you bought? If you mentioned it before then I forgot :)
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-02-2013 - 2:04pm

He bought a Mini Cooper! It's cute but not for me.There's a picture on his FB page so go take a look!