** QOTW - Beds ** 7/31/13

iVillage Member
** QOTW - Beds ** 7/31/13
Wed, 07-31-2013 - 7:37am

Happy Hump Day everyone!  I hope you're having a good week so far.  My aunts leave today so things will go back to normal.  LOL!  It was a fun few days though - free dinner and they helped me hang pictures.

My aunts wanted to go to Costco so they asked me if I wanted anything.  Being a single solo person, Costco quantities are too much for me but I do love their dog beds and the prices of them so I asked them to pick up a dog bed for me.  They came home with this giant square bed with light green and tan flowers on one side and just solid tan on the other.  Before I could even get the bed completely down where I wanted it, Dante hopped onto it and wouldn't budge.  He LOVES this bed.  It's quite cute.  It's the first new bed I have bought so maybe he realizes it's his 100% and wasn't a hand me down.  LOL!  Oh and my dad had bought this same bed for his dog, Nell, last week and she would have nothing to do with the bed.  My dad says she just lies beside it - LOLOL!

Question of the Week:  First, do you have beds for your dogs, and if so, how do they act when you get them a new bed?

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-31-2013 - 9:50am

Glad you had a nice visit with your aunts.

We have sooo many beds in this house. Jack has his favorites and Taz likes his favorites LOL! It's been a while since I've bought new beds and looking around it looks like I may need to get some new ones. When Jack and Taz get new beds they go right to it and then it is theirs! There is a huge big pillow in the living room and that IS Jack's bed while we eat dinner. Taz just sinks in that bed.

Community Leader
Wed, 07-31-2013 - 12:59pm

Cleo actually has three beds; the one large one that used to be ^Valentine's^, one small round one in the den and one larger round one in our bedroom.  She hasn't had a new bed in years and I was thinking about getting her a new one.

What's so funny is that when she wants to be on a particular bed....she wants to be on that bed!!  Sometimes I'll move the bed in the bedroom so I can sort laundry; if she wants to be on that bed it doesn't matter where in the room it is....she'll just go and curl up on it.  And then, of course, I have to make my way around her...LOL...

Laura
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-02-2013 - 12:03pm
Hi Terre - Dogs are funny about beds. The way Dante jumped on the new bed before I had it completely laid down was just too cute. Emmy & Spencer weren't like that. Emmy slept on the floor more often than on a bed but Spencer always was on a bed but wasn't picky. I bet Jack looks so cute in the middle of that giant bed! Does Taz like it at all? Figuring she sinks into it she might not like that.
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-02-2013 - 12:04pm
That's so funny Laura! So it's not where the bed is but the bed itself. LOL! And yes, aren't all dogs like that - be in our way but expect us to go around them? That would be Dante 100%!!
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-02-2013 - 2:02pm

I think I've posted a picture before of that big pillow. Taz lies in everything Jack does.She's a little copycat. LOL! But since she's so tiny she sinks in that pillow. It's funny to watch.

Here's a picture of both of them in the pillow:

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-02-2013 - 2:30pm

There are four dog beds here and three dogs.  Two of the dogs sleep with me at night.  There are three beds lined up in the living area, and the three of them rotate.  They don't care who is in which bed, as long as one is available.  Two are matching round cup-style beds I bought at Dollar General for $10 each.  And they are really nice.  Plush inside with suede-cloth outside.  Machine washable.  Anya got an orthopedic foam bed from Santa Paws, and I made it an envelope cover with a cheap fleece throw, but she doesn't love it as much as I thought she would.

Roo Ben sleeps on the floor in my bedroom in another of those cup-style beds, but he was trying to tear up the plush, so I put it in an old pillow sham.  I like that I can take it off and wash his "sheet."  Especially if he becomes incontinent as his condition worsens.  I used to put an old, folded bath towel in ^Kewpie^'s bed.