.•:*¨¨*:•. QOTW - Trips or Moving.•:*¨¨*:•. 4/11

iVillage Member
.•:*¨¨*:•. QOTW - Trips or Moving.•:*¨¨*:•. 4/11
Wed, 04-11-2012 - 7:49am

Happy Hump Day everyone!

Pages

iVillage Member

More than half of the time, the sight of the suitcase means we are ALL going to stay at my daughter's house.

iVillage Member

Jack and Taz seem to know when I'm getting ready to leave. They sit

Community Leader

I can't remember specifics offhand....but my dogs have always seemed to know when something different is going on.

Laura
iVillage Member

That's the joy of owning small dogs!

iVillage Member

My dogs don't even watch me get ready to leave - they're sleeping on their respective beds - LOL!

iVillage Member

Does Cleo's behavior change?

iVillage Member

We moved across the country 3 times between July 2010 and August 2011, the only change I noticed was once the flat was empty and we needed to spend a night or two in it before leaving, Jasmine would pace around wondering where her things went, she also sulks when we arrived into our new place for a day or two.
Twice we relocated by air because the company was paying for it, and Jasmine seemed fine in her crate, just super hyper on arrival and happy to go for a long walk but no barking whining or anything. The Navi Mumbai to Bangalore move the company wasn't paying for anything (they were not even paying DH's salary properly) so we hit the road with our car: 1000km in two days, Jasmine slept through most of it but then she was totally hyper in the new place when we arrived, the problem is she was well rested but DH drove for 10 hours that day only to have the broker state that the owner of the flat wanted the safety deposit in cash right away when our previous landlord gave us a post dated cheque cashable only 2 days later and new owner could not wait 2 freaking days to get his deposit he even threatened DH via the phone to cancel the rental agreement even though we were renting the flat for half a month already! We were tired, stressed out and our dog was eager to go for a walk...argh.
The move from Bangalore back to Mumbai in last August we had a different moving company that took a bit more time, so we had 3 days in the empty flat in Bangalore, then the flight, then one night at a friend's place in Navi Mumbai and we moved the next day, because our friend isn't crazy about dogs we put Jazz in a kennel we knew in Navi Mumbai until we were unpacked in the new place, I think it was 2 days, turned out it was the best move, the kennel there was one with big open space for the dog to walk around so Jasmine got to enjoy and we could unpack without dealing with an hyper dog, if we have to do a crazy shift again (and I know strongly on wood we don't) the kennel option is the best so far.