*** ROLL CALL *** 2/11/13

iVillage Member
*** ROLL CALL *** 2/11/13
Mon, 02-11-2013 - 6:15am

Happy Monday everyone!  I hope you had a nice weekend!  And that you have a nice week ahead!

Let's check in with your name, dogs names, ages, breeds, location and what you did over the weekend.

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-11-2013 - 7:49am

Suzan and cocker spaniel Coffee (4 yrs) had a nice weekend. Coffee was at our house over the weekend and it was a nice change for dh & myself.  We had a fairly leisure weekend and when we went out we took C with us to wander around downtown and to eat pizza.  She was a dirty melting snowy  mess by the time we got home so I gave her a nic bubble bath,, she was happy and then slept soundly (lots of exercise and the warm bath) for a few hrs afterward. She kept sighing in her sleep... one happy poo-pay!  

Community Leader
Mon, 02-11-2013 - 1:42pm

Laura here in VA with 7YO lab/mix, Cleo (BTW....still can't post new threads....I don't think this will be fixed in my lifetime....)

Saturday we went out to dinner to celebrate my birthday....I love the Bonefish Grill but, for some reason, it wasn't as nice as it usually is.  Maybe I'm just getting pickier in my "old age"....LOL....

Other than that...nothing special.  Today is rainy but warm....I hate rainy Mondays....

Laura
iVillage Member
Mon, 02-11-2013 - 6:36pm

Gaye here in North Central Texas with my fawn pug, Anya (10) and my black pug, Jabaar (9).

I staffed a PetSmart adoption event for the municipal shelter Saturday morning.  Left early, changed my shirt, and took my foster pug to a DFW Pug Rescue event in Fort Worth in the afternoon.  He got his picture taken for the rescue website.

Sunday morning was church.  And one of my church/choir friends invited me to the University a cappella choir concert her daughter was in, and I went to that in the evening.

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-11-2013 - 7:30pm
Ahhh a nice warm clean puppy! Nothing better! How is your human grandbaby doing?
iVillage Member
Mon, 02-11-2013 - 7:31pm
I'm sorry Laura that your dinner didn't live up to expectations! Boo! What did you have?
iVillage Member
Mon, 02-11-2013 - 7:32pm
Hi Gaye - was the acapella choir any good? I love a good acapella!
iVillage Member
Mon, 02-11-2013 - 7:33pm
Donna here with Dante, 3 y/o Greyhound in Arizona. I did absolutely nothing over the weekend although I did do some more unpacking and did a few chores I have been putting off for a while.
iVillage Member
Mon, 02-11-2013 - 9:41pm

Barbara in Michigan, with 10 yr old Weimaraner, Comet and Keeker the Kat.  Keek was favoring his paw so we went to the vet on Saturday.  He had apparently caught his claw in something and tore it.  OUCH!  An antibiotic shot is already taking care of the infection.  We celebrated Comet's 2nd Gotcha Day with a nice soup bone.  And I have a date for Valentine's Day!  All in all, a good weekend!

Barbara

Oh say, can you see?

Visual Impairments

<

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-11-2013 - 11:38pm

Miranda is a Vocal Performance major at the University of Texas at Arlington.  She lives at home and commutes. The A Cappella Choir was awesome.  Miranda is also in the performance of Fiddler on the Roof, and we are going to see that on the 28th.  Miranda was homeschooled and has been involved with children's theater an theater classes since she was small.

UTA is here in town.  It is pretty much a business and engineering school.  The renowned music school is at the University of North Texas (UNT) in Denton, some 50 miles from here.  Funny, my daughter has  a business degree from UNT.  LOL

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-12-2013 - 7:59pm
A lot of us have degrees that have nothing to do with what we do - I have a degree in Psychology - LOL! I have been working with computer programming and business analysis since the day after I graduated. LOL!

Pages