*** Roll Call *** 3/11/13

iVillage Member
*** Roll Call *** 3/11/13
Mon, 03-11-2013 - 7:24am

Happy Monday everyone!  Another weekend flies by!  Hope you had a good one!  Last Friday it was raining and hailing like crazy but by the end of this week it will be in the 90's UGH!

Let's check in with your name, dogs names, ages, breeds, location and what you did over the weekend.

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-11-2013 - 8:47am

Morning Donna,

Suzan with cocker spaniel Coffee from Germany.  Weather is cool overcast today, with great chances of snow on Wednesday as northern Germany had a major snow storm over the weekend. Glad i'm in the south.     I'm recovering stilll from the flu so took it easy over the weekend.  Coffee is back home with ds/dil but as they are going away for 3 weeks I'll pick her up on Thursday and she'll be our little guest for the interim: and we are very excited about it.

Have a nice week everyone!  

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-11-2013 - 9:51am

Terre from Arkansas checking in with Jack and Taz, Toy Fox Terriers, both 9 years old. Had a relaxing weekend. Saturday went to church and afterwards we ate out as we always do. Sunday was a wash-out. I couldn't even take the niblets out for mid-morning break but if they really have to go they will in the pouring rain. At one point I walked out with them with my umbrella so they could do something. I'm still dealing with the time change and feeling so tired but a nap with take care of that.

Hope everyone has a great week!

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-11-2013 - 10:02am

Gaye here in Dallas/Fort Worth with Anya (10), Jabaar (9) and Gemini (4), the pugs.  Anya is my fawn; Jabaar is my black; Gemini is my fawn foster from the puppy mill rescue.

Roo Ben was adopted to a wonderful, wonderful home Friday.  I am so happy for him.

I worked the shelter remote adoption at PetSmart on Saturday morning.

Had a prowler twice late Saturday night, had the police out here twice.  Between that, being freaked out, and the time change, I didn't get much sleep!

Church Sunday, then I took a little nap.  Went to class on prayer by personality types Sunday evening, and determined the personality type being discussed this week was all about my daughter, Amy.

No incidents last night, but I am off to buy a "beware of the dog" sign for the yard gate and a large pair of men's work boots to leave by the back door.  And a new dog bed from the dollar store because Gemini had fun with Roo Ben's old bed.

Dog shaming Gemini style. Another bed explosion here.

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-11-2013 - 8:42pm

Hi Suzan - so sorry you have been ill!  Hope you are getting better now!  I know spending 3 weeks with Coffee will make you feel better in no time!

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-11-2013 - 8:44pm
For some reason I thought you got Taz a year or so later than Jack.... I don't think I realized they are the same age! I'm so glad we don't have to worry about the time change - it's all in your mind ya know! LOL!
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-11-2013 - 8:47pm
Oh my gosh Gaye! That is incredibly scary about a lurker/prowler!!! How did you know you had one? What a great idea about putting men work boots outside the door! Dirty them up a bit so they look used. I know Pugs aren't known for being good burgler alarms - Greyhounds aren't either! The Beware of Dog sign is good too - I had that on my old house fence. That reminds me that I need a new one for this house!!!
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-11-2013 - 8:52pm
Donna here with Dante, 3 y/o Greyhound in Arizona. Saturday I got my hair cute and colored. It was a challenge since my neck still hurts quite a bit to put my head back. I'm still paying for that pain even today but totally worth it - no more gray hairs! Yay! I also visited with a friend of mine and bought a bunch of Mary Kay products. Sunday, my sister, her kids and dogs came over while her house was being shown. Dante was overjoyed with the new dogs but they're small and I was worried that he would be bad. He wasn't but my sister's dogs were not impressed with Dante even though he was play bowing and doing just about everything possible to get them to pay attention to him - very cute! My sister also brought me some crunchy tacos from a local restaurant and even though I still don't have taste buds, recovering from a cold, I could tell they were exceptional! We also sat outside for the first time this year - great weather!
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-12-2013 - 9:16am

Jack and Taz are 7 months apart so for a time they are the same age.

Community Leader
Tue, 03-12-2013 - 4:11pm

Laura here in VA with 7YO lab/mix, Cleo.  Nothing special here....the weather was beautiful over the weekend so DH was able to take Cleo to the park both days....with "lots" of dogs.  Sunday we went to look at some punching bags at Dick's Sporting Goods....we're thinking about getting one for the Studio in Williamsburg.  Other than that...just a regular weekend.

Laura
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-12-2013 - 4:55pm

Ended the week with a cortisone shot in my left ankle.  It's feeling much better, at least temporarily.  On Friday, I went to the "Purple Game," a fund-raiser hockey game for the Van Andel Institute, a state-of-the-art cancer research facility in GR.  It was after this game last year that I fell and broke my feet and ankle.  No such bad luck this year, and the GR Griffins won, too!  Started feeling a bit scratchy on Sunday and now have a full blown head cold with a bad cough.  And I have so much to do before my last day!  I'm outta there on March 28th.

Oh say, can you see?

Visual Impairments

<

Pages