** Roll Call ** 4/8/13

iVillage Member
** Roll Call ** 4/8/13
Mon, 04-08-2013 - 7:55am

Happy Monday everyone!  Why are weekends so short?  LOL!  I hope you have a great week ahead!

Let's check in with your name, dogs names, ages, breeds, where you live and what you did over the weekend.  Smile

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-08-2013 - 9:28am

Good Morning Donna. I agree, the weekends are too short. lol

Terre from Arkansas checking in with Jack and Taz, Toy Fox Terriers - both are 9. Didn't do much over the weekend. Saturday we drove into  the city and did a little shopping then ate out at a nice creole/New Orleans type restaurant. We've been there before and as always I can't finish my meal so brought it home..Sunday - I had dh doing some jobs around the house and he complied LOL! 

I'm taking Taz into the Vet this morning. I found some  growths on her back, not sure what it is...so I'm taking her in today. I'm concerned and didn't sleep well thinking what it could  be.

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-08-2013 - 2:04pm

Gaye here in Texas with the pugs, Anya and Jabaar, both somewhere between 9 and 11 years old.  Both rescued as strays, so age is only a guess.

On Easter Sunday, my daughter's significant other decided to install my security camera for me.  Because I own no power tools, he was not satisfied with the job he did.  So, Saturday morning, he and Amy and the kids came.  Mark brought his tools, and he and Ian completed the job.

Saturday afternoon, I had an adoption counselor class at the animal shelter, and Sunday afternoon I had a meeting of the shelter volunteers organization.

iVillage Member
Mon, 04-08-2013 - 2:13pm

The growth turned out to be warts. The Vet was not concerned at all. Her teeth however are a mess LOL! So next week (tuesday) she will have a dental AND have those warts removed. I am so relieved it wasn't anything more serious.  Just warts folks.

Community Leader
Mon, 04-08-2013 - 4:48pm

Laura here in Virginia with 7YO lab/mix,Cleo.

Saturday I went shopping for a new light coat; but found nothing I liked.  Then to the Studio for the afternoon.  Sunday I finally tackled the bushes in the yard; the weather has made a really abrupt change; 50's on Saturday and almost 80 today!!  And it's supposed to be this way for the rest of the week.  That's why there are so many people sick.

I'm just glad I got the bushes done; it was a big job but it needed to be done.  Now they are a manageable height and I'll watch them closely to make sure they don't get too tall again.

Laura
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-08-2013 - 8:48pm
Hugs Terre! I know how worried you must have been but I saw your Facebook post and I'm so glad that the growths are just benign warts!!!!! Give Miss Taz a hug from "auntie" Donna :)
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-08-2013 - 8:52pm
I bet you feel better having the security camera installed now!
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-08-2013 - 8:53pm
YAY!!! I have Dante scheduled for a dental beginning of next month.
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-08-2013 - 8:55pm
Hi Laura - every time I trim something up in the yard, I tell myself I will keep up on it but I never do - LOL! I bought some Lantana to plant in an empty spot in my yard that used to have a tree. I need some color in that part of the yard and Lantana thrive in scorching hot Arizona sun!
iVillage Member
Mon, 04-08-2013 - 9:01pm

Donna here with 3 y/o Dante, Greyhound, in Arizona.  I painted my nesting tables on Sat. with the help of my niece.  They were a normal brown but oh so boring.  So I saw something in the HGTV magazine showing nesting tables, each painted a different color and they looked great!  So I painted my "biggest" table a light purple, the medium table is turquoise and the littlest table will be a sunny yellow.  I have to wait until tomorrow to get the yellow as they ran out of the base or some such thing.  I want to add color to my family room and all 3 of those colors I love!  I'm especially fond of purple and turquoise.  Oh I also got my queen guest bedroom bed on Friday so after I get the bedding I want it will be a gold/very light tan with turquoise accents.  And I'm buying towels to match for the guest bathroom.  I'm very happy!  Now all I have to do is empty out all the boxes that are in the other bedroom.  LOL!  I just pushed the boxes from the bedroom to the other bedroom - soooo lazy!  LOLOLOL!

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-09-2013 - 10:05am

Thank you, Donna! I was so worried thinking it was cancer. I even got on the net Sunday night researching and I'm sure getting myself all worked up.  She was so cute yesterday. The drive over she was quiet in the back of my vehicle unlike Jack who is loud with his incessant panting! She was very quiet. When we got to the office she knew exactly where to go and walked up the sidewalk to the door without my help. And with the doctor she was flirting like crazy. Yes, I am relieved and gave her a nice big hug from you. ;-)