** ROLL CALL ** 5/6/13

iVillage Member
** ROLL CALL ** 5/6/13
Mon, 05-06-2013 - 7:30am

Happy Monday everyone!  I hope you have a great start to your week!

Let's check in with your name, dogs names, breeds, ages and where you live.  And let us know what you did over the weekend!  Anyone celebrate Cinco de Mayo?

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-06-2013 - 8:59am

Terre from Arkansas with Jack (9) and Taz (9), Toy Fox Terriers. I don't celebrate Cinco de Mayo, didn't even eat one taco LOL!

We had rain Saturday morning so didn't do much but sweep out the basement and a few odds jobs around the house. Then went to church, afterwards ate out and had a nice steak. Sunday - day of rest where we did nothing but catch up on dvd's.

Community Leader
Mon, 05-06-2013 - 4:30pm

Laura here in VA with 7 YO lab/mix, Cleo.  Very quiet weekend.  Went to Costco on Saturday to get some thngs for the business/home....then was home for the evening.  Yesterday worked on setting up an old computer so that I could run pictures in my Studio window.

No....didn't celebrate Cinco De Mayo....a few years ago a friend had a party and it was so much fun...but nothing this year.

Laura
iVillage Member
Mon, 05-06-2013 - 9:07pm
Hi Laura - do you like Mexican food? I always think that any State that doesn't border Mexico can't possibly have decent Mexican food! LOL!
iVillage Member
Mon, 05-06-2013 - 9:09pm

What Terre, no Cinco de Mayo celebrations? Is there even a decent Mexican food restaurant in Arkansas? LOL! But a good steak sounds so good. I don't eat beef often and every once in a while I get a craving for it. Now is that time! :)

iVillage Member
Mon, 05-06-2013 - 9:12pm
Donna here with Dante, 3 y/o Greyhound in Arizona. I was a complete lazy bum this weekend. For some reason I'm having problems with insomnia so I woke up at 5:30am both Sat. and Sun. - UGH! I always looked forward to the weekend so I could sleep in! It's weird to be up that early on a weekend. Nobody is - LOL! Dante will be celebrating his 4th birthday tomorrow. I think I'll stop by Petco and buy him some sort of treat. He's not really excited about food or toys but I'll find something. He has a pet rock that he loves! The rock is big and heavy - LOL! So I want to buy him a ball and see if he likes that. We'll see.....
iVillage Member
Mon, 05-06-2013 - 10:39pm

Gaye here in North Central Texas with the pugs, Anya and Jabaar, and the foster pug, Roo Ben.  Estimated ages: 11, 10 and 9.

Saturday morning, the city shelter had a breakfast for shelter volunteers and gave "volunteer of the year" awards.  It was nice.

I went to a Highland Games/Scottish festival with friends on Saturday afternoon.  It was fun, and the weather was perfect.

We did nothing to celebrate Cinco de Mayo.  DD and her significant other had been to Mi Cocina for dinner the night before, and she took him to the airport for a business trip Sunday afternoon.  So she and her younger son came to my house for an impromptu dinner.  I happened to have made some home-made potato salad, so we had that, some ham, and sugar snap peas.

iVillage Member
Tue, 05-07-2013 - 8:59am

LOL! Yeah, sounds strange for me not to celebrate a Mexican event. We have in the past. Those holidays are just  an excuse to eat! We do have some decent Mexican restaurants here. And I'm not talking about Taco Bell! Since I'm from New Mexico I'm used to (or we are) New Mexican food which is quite different from food from Mexico. Most of these restaurants - the owners are from Mexico so the food is a little different.