** Roll Call 7/1/13 **

iVillage Member
** Roll Call 7/1/13 **
Mon, 07-01-2013 - 7:24am

Happy Monday everyone! I can't believe it's July already!  Time just flies by!!  I have been having all sorts of troubles trying to post on this board so I'm sorry I haven't been around that much.  It takes me a good 45 min. or so just to get signed in and have my posts actually "take".  Most of the time I post and then I get some sort of error.  Anyway....

Please sign in with your name, dogs names, ages, breeds, your location and what you did over the last weekend in June!

Pages

Community Leader
Mon, 07-01-2013 - 1:47pm

I hear you!!!  It doesn't take me as long...but it's still frustrating!!

Laura here in VA with 7YO lab/mix, Cleo.  Saturday was just a regular day...did some "window" shopping and then went in to work.  Sunday did a lot of pruning in the yard.

DH accidentally killed that snake we had on the property; it had gotten caught up in the pond netting and we tried to free it...but we accidentally killed it.  I did feel bad; but if we had gotten it loose it still would have been wound up in the netting...there was just no way to safely free it.

Laura
iVillage Member
Mon, 07-01-2013 - 2:47pm

Gaye here with Anya, Jabaar, Roo Ben and Pre, 11, 10, 9 and 3, all pugs.  We live in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.

It was hot Saturday, so I went to the grocery store early in the day and stayed in and worked on the house.  After packing everything up to install my new flooring, I came to like my simple, less complicated house, and there has been little incentive to unpack everything.

Sunday was church, and I did some errands, and came home.

We had a "cold front" come through, so for the first day of July in North Texas the high is going to be in the upper 80's.  Unheard of! 

Amy and the boys are coming this afternoon and staying for dinner.  They expect to take their dog home.  He has been here a month.  Amy has been out of town for the past week, just got home, and has not thought about food for the week.

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-01-2013 - 5:39pm

Barbara in Michigan with Comet, 10 yr old Weim, Brownie (aka BooBoo) 4 yr old Mini Pin and Keek the 4yr old Himalayan cat.  I didn't do much on Saturday, but spent Sunday afternoon fixing one side of the fence.  Took three hours to do three sections and the gate!  There's a lot more to do on the other side of the house, so until I'm confident about the security. Miss MiniPin is going to be harnessed and tethered.  Had a girl over today to finish weeding and spreading rocks.  Looking much better! 

Oh say, can you see?

Visual Impairments

<

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-02-2013 - 5:01am

Morning Donna and everyone ,

for the same reasons as the rest of you,,,, i haven't been around much.   Just too frustrating...
Suzan in Germany with Coffee the very spoiled 4 yr old cocker spaniel who is having to adjust to her new baby brother, 8 month old Mikie.  He just had his first cold & fever last week, and Coffee played "hovering mom" to him.  Everytime his nose ran, she'd lick it off.  (I know , perhaps yucky but still very caring and cute) LOL

Taking C to her spa day today,,, lucky her,, at least someone around here gets a spa day......   LOL

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-02-2013 - 7:39am

Hi Laura - sorry about the snake.  Sometimes things like that just can't be helped!  Don't feel badly!  I'm sure there are other snakes around.  I don't like killling anything either!  Unless it's spiders - I KNOW they are actually good at eating pests, I can't help myself because they scare me!

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-02-2013 - 7:42am

Hi Gaye - I know what you mean about packing up and making things more simple and then liking it like that!  That happened with me when I moved to my current house last year.  I got rid of a lot of stuff before I packed but when I moved in, I got rid of a ton more stuff.  I like simple and uncluttered!  I bet you're going to miss Pre having had him so long!

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-02-2013 - 7:44am
Hi Barbara! BooBoo huh? Too cute! Sounds like you did a huge amount of work on your fence. Can't you hire someone to do that for you? Are your feet recovered from the running you did to get BooBoo? Glad you had someone at least weed and spread rocks for you!! Take care of yourself!
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-02-2013 - 7:45am

Hi Suzan - it's nice to see you again!  I can't believe Coffee is 4 y/o already.  Time flies!  It's good to hear that she loves her baby brother!  Very cute!  No jealously problems?  And yes, we tend to pamper our dogs more than ourselves!

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-02-2013 - 7:49am

Donna here with 4y/o Greyhound Dante in Arizona.  The temps have been hovering around 118F so Friday and Saturday I stayed inside except to take Dante to the vet Friday morning.  He's going bald in patches behind his ears, his thighs and legs.  It's disconcerting because it's patchy.  The vet took blood and is sending it the Michigan to the best lab for dog thyroid tests.  It will take a couple of weeks to get the results but that's okay.  Greyhounds have different liver functions and thyroid levels than other dog breeds so having the test done by the best of the best will be good.  I'm hoping it's thyroid as that's cheap to medicate and does not cause long-term health problems.  Sunday I went and saw World War Z - excellent movie!  Then I went to Pier 1 and bought 2 swivel chairs.  I'm done with my family room now - yay!

Community Leader
Tue, 07-02-2013 - 4:05pm

Bugs are a different thing...and spiders "die" in my house too....LOL...  If I see them in the garage I usually just leave them alone since they aren't actually inside.  But other wildlife I try to protect.  When I went home before I saw a turtle walking down my driveway and I told DH to be careful when he went home so that he will avoid it.  I also know that we still have a flying squirrel problem in the house; once I get the pest control people I know that the traps will kill them and I'm not happy...but there's no other way to get them out.

Laura

Pages