Valentine's Day - Just you and your dog(s)
Find a Conversation
|Fri, 02-08-2013 - 8:49am|
TGIF everyone! I'm glad it's Friday but I have a fasting doctor appt. at 10am so of course I'm starving right now. LOL! Since I know I can't eat anything, that just makes me that much hungrier. LOLOL!
So we have Valentine's Day coming up. I haven't celebrated it ever really even when I was married. I only would get my nephew and niece goodies for the day. I think we all have our built-in, ready-made Valentine's Day loves, our dogs! Below is a fun article on how to celebrate Valentine's Day with your dogs.
No one wants to spend Valentine's Day alone, including your dog. Valentine's Day is the perfect time to reflect on the importance of the relationship you share with your dog and the unconditional love he gives you. Show your best friend that Cupid made a good match when he linked your hearts. Below are ways to enjoy a special Valentine's Day with your furry sweetheart.
1. Snuggle on the couch. There's nothing your dog loves more than spending quality time with his best friend. Invite Fido on the couch to snuggle beside you and enjoy some cuddles and TLC.
2. Give your dog a massage. Dogs get sore, stiff, and tense too. Strengthen your human-animal bond and bring relaxation to both your dog and yourself.
3. Take a walk through the park. Just the two of you. Activity, nature, and you – three of your dog's favorite things. Put your schedule, your cell phone, and your worries aside, and enjoy some quality time with your furry friend.
4. Bake some yummy, homemade treats for your dog. Healthy treats made with love make a great Valentine's gift for your dog. Choose a PetPlace recipe, and surprise your dog by allowing him to snack on the ingredients while you cook, enjoy the aroma coming from the oven, and feast on the end result!
6. Take your dog to a pet supply store to pick out a new toy. It's a great way to spend quality time with your dog and for your dog to gain social skills. The best part, he can sniff out all the toys and pick out his favorite!
7. Book a weekend at a dog camp. Enjoy a mini-vacation that focuses on your dog. It's a dog's paradise!
Your dog gives you unending love. He comforts you when you're down and celebrates with you when you're happy. Your dog is always happy to see you. He wants nothing more than to be with you.... Your dog is the perfect Valentine. Show him how much he means to you.