I don't want to work anymore :(

iVillage Member
I don't want to work anymore :(
Mon, 11-07-2005 - 6:03pm

I am quite certain I am not alone in saying I am SICK of working!!

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-07-2005 - 6:26pm

Me!!! :)

Although I must say my work is very nice to me, and accommodating & understanding when I have MD appts, etc to attend. It still doesn't mean I want to be here. I am constantly thinking of all of the things I need/want to get done at home, but can't because I'm at work.

I guess we only have to suffer for a few more weeks.....thank goodness!

Hang in there!
Stephanie

Stephanie

SB Tara 12/6/05

MM Rile

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-07-2005 - 6:37pm

I didn't want to work anymore, either. After talking to my midwife about my level of discomfort, she wrote a very nice letter to my company, asking if I could work from home during the second half of the day. My company accepted, and I can't tell you how much better my life has become! I'm okay when I wake up in the morning, but after about 6 hours, I start to swell really bad. If it doesn't stop, I'm going to have to wear prescription support hose. Yuck!

Is working from home a possiblility for you? I actually get more accomplished this way. Work is happy (they get more work out of me), midwife is happy, and I'm happy.

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-07-2005 - 6:43pm
HEATHER,
I CAN SURELY RELATE TO YOU!!!!!!!!
iVillage Member
Mon, 11-07-2005 - 6:48pm
Hmmm. I could probably negotiate something like that.

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-07-2005 - 6:59pm

Hope it works out for you. I'm planning on working from home full time after a 6 week maternity leave, so this is a nice practice run. We should have all of the kinks worked out by the time the baby comes. I'd rather deal with working out the details before baby :-)

Susan

Jake - edd 12-15

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-07-2005 - 7:28pm

I am right with you. I only have 5 more weeks left. I am trying to leave for 12 weeks full pay. I could take some time before but I would rather have my time off with the baby and not home just sitting and waiting I know i would go crazy. Also we are really slow and they also won't give me anymore work because I am going to be off in five weeks. So I sit here all day practicly doing nothing. I am having a scheduled C-section on Dec 8th I am going to work up until Dec 7th. My body aches I have to get up and go potty like 20 times a day. But i am going to stick it out.

Denise
C-Section Dec 8th
Expecting Jesse Alexander

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

iVillage Member
Mon, 11-07-2005 - 8:00pm
Count me in - I am sick of dealing with work. I have an hour commute each way so by the time I get to work I feel like I want to go back to bed. Thanksfully I only have 2 1/2 weeks left and then I am going to be a stay at home mom so I guess I cant complain too much. Also, I have a desk job and an office where I can shut the door if I need to rest for a while. Over the weekend DH and I went to dinner and had a very prego waitress and then went to Target and had a very prego cashier. I can't imagine how hard it must be for these women to be on their feet all day and deal with the public. I really felt for them.
iVillage Member
Mon, 11-07-2005 - 8:24pm

I'm lucky in that I already work from home, but I STILL want to quit! I sit at a computer and can take breaks as needed, work in comfy clothes, etc, but even that is a pain (I have a bad back so that's probably a big part of it). I know how lucky I am though so I can't complain. I've gotta hand it to you ladies who get up and dressed every day and head out the door to work - you are amazing! And to those of you who work on your feet all day.....I've really gotta hand it to you - I have absolutely no idea how you do it - you are an inspiration to the rest of us!! :)

Fiona
#3 edd 12/8

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 11-07-2005 - 9:38pm

Count me in! I wanted to take a mental health day today SO BAD, especially b/c my DH was home working on the nursery...but I just couldn't do it! My sick days are so precious right now...it's a difference of getting paid and not getting paid while I am on Mat. leave.

16 more days of work...can't be soon enough!

Dawne
Ethan c/s Dec. 8

Image hosting by Photobucket

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-08-2005 - 8:26am
i am so with you! I work 24-32 hours a week, at night, on my feet, trying to make my sick and in pain patients happy while I am feeling miserable myself, and it is about killing me, I am so exhausted that I can't even enjoy my off days! + my son is really keeping me busy lately (he just turned 2!) I am debating how long maternity leave we can afford for me to take---I'd like the whole 3 mos, but I will only be getting 4 weeks paid (my "vacation" time). I think Canada has the right idea!

Lilypie Baby Ticker
Lilypie Baby Ticker
Photobucket

Pages