morning sickness is driving me crazy!!

iVillage Member
morning sickness is driving me crazy!!
Wed, 07-23-2003 - 7:57pm
Hi all! I am ten weeks today and my 'morning' sickness is driving my crazy. i have it all day and all night, i have no relief. i have no 'good days' they are all bad :( i can hardly eat anything, i'm scared that i am doing myself and the baby damage. i have tried every type of remedy even B6 tablets and ginger tablets, nothing works. i dont know what to do. this is my first baby and i did want more but i dont think i can go through this again. i dont even want to think about labour! i sleep all the time, luckily i dont work. I cant even go into the kitchen without wanting to dry heave. I just dont know what to do anymore. Can someone tell me when this is all supposed to stop? i really want to get excited about being pregnant but i just can't.

Andrea

EDD 2/19/2004

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-23-2003 - 8:19pm
Andrea - I'm really sorry you are going through this. Your MS sounds like mine with my first. It was constant with no relief - even at night I was up throwing up several times. The good news was that it left around 13 weeks. I'm having my fourth now (9 weeks) - it's not as bad as with my first, but it's still bad and I'm not eating much at all. I worry some days that I'm "starving" the baby, but I remember what my doctor said with my first when I was throwing up constantly - she said that the baby was so small that it would take what it needed from my system at this point. I think first trimester babies are made to survive morning sickness! :)

I hope you feel better soon. I wish I had remedies for you. There are two books that might be helpful -- "No More Morning Sickness" and "Pregnancy Sickness" - you should be able to find both at www.amazon.com . They may not provide a cure for you but they at least let you know that you aren't alone.

I know the feeling of going crazy. I feel like I can't even do laundry without the fabric softener smell making me sick. It's a horrible feeling, I feel like I walk around in a haze. My MS mostly comes in the afternoon and I have only been able to make dinner two or three times in the past two weeks. I feel like my house is falling apart around me because I'm too tired to clean and too frustrated with my morning sickness to get motivated.

While some women have it the whole nine months, that is somewhat rare and yours should disappear fairly soon. Hang in there! Oh - and just FYI - my morning sickness has gotten a little better with each pregancy. :)

kelly

#4 Due 2/28

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-23-2003 - 8:26pm
Have you told your doctor? I have read about a lot of moms on this board taking medication for severe morning sickness. I was bad for a few weeks but it is finally subsiding. I have bouts here and there but overall it is better and I am 9 weeks. I know a lot of people dont like to take anything while pregnant, but it is just a suggestion. There are safe things that you can take that may help!

Hope you feel better soon!

Debbie

2/24

Debbie Mommy to nursling Rylee, born 7/9/06 **"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." -- Jimi Hendrix**
iVillage Member
Wed, 07-23-2003 - 8:35pm
thanks kelly....you made me feel somewhat better, emotionally better anyhow! I have my first appointment with a midwife on the 6th of August so i am hoping to be feeling better by then, but somehow i seriously doubt it. it feels like it will never go away. I feel so sorry for my poor husband, he just doesn't know what to do with me. And yeah, my house is a mess too, the only thing i manage to do is the laundry, it doesn't take too much effort to push a few buttons!

You are so brave to be having no.4! good luck!

Andrea

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-23-2003 - 8:44pm
hi debbie,

no i haven't been to the doctor. i guess i am just stupid in thinking that he's just going to give me something like maxolon that doesn't work anyhow. And then i would have wasted $40 in seeing him. Money is tight, even if my husband says we can always afford to go to the doctors i feel bad about it.

Andrea

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-23-2003 - 9:03pm
Hey. I've had really bad morning sickness too... sick all day everyday. My "good days" are when I only throw up 6 or 7 times a day rather than 11 or 12. I've had to go to the ER twice for dehydration. The doctor gave me some medicine. I didn't want to take it, but he insisted that it was either take it at home and get hydrated there, or don't take, go to the ER for an IV and have them give it to me there. Either way, the doc said, cycles of dehydration aren't goood for the baby. I've been going insane!!! I can't even walk to the bathroom without throwing up. The second I get out of bed, I have to dash to the restroom to vomit. I keep feeling so bad that I wish I weren't pregnant. I've always wanted to be a mommy, and I can't wait, it's just been so miserable. Best of luck to you, and hopefully we'll all see relief soon. As for me... I have to dash to the bathroom now!!!

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-23-2003 - 9:31pm
Andrea I am so sorry that you are feeling so awful. I am too, but I do have good periods throughout the day, but never a really MS free day.

With my first I was sick all the time, all day, all night, I lost 8 lbs in my first trimester. I never really felt better till about 13/14 weeks. But rest assured every pregnancy is different. This is baby #3 for me and my ms is not nearly as bad as it was with #1. #2 was less than this and this is just blah!

I hope you feel better soon. Have you asked your Dr for a scrip for some anti nausea meds or tried sea bands? I hear the sea bands work great.

Feel better

Shannon 2/11/04

ladybugsiggy.gif

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-24-2003 - 12:24am
It has been my experience that weeks 10/11 are the WORST, then you start to improve. I hope this will be your experience. If so, the WORST will almost be behind you.

Kortnee
KortneeLilypie Baby Days
iVillage Member
Thu, 07-24-2003 - 2:14am
thank you ladies for all your support....i knew i was onto a good thing when i found this site! :)

Andrea

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-24-2003 - 10:45pm
Hi I know how you feel. I was sick with my daughter till about four months it was awful. This time I am even worse. I can not eat any fast food or hamburger meat. I feel sick thinking about it. The bad thing is that my little girl is only 16 months old so it has not been that long since I was sick with her. You will get through it, it is overwhelming some days. I can not even stand to watch food commercials on T.V.

Good Luck!

Try smelling lemons it helps sometimes.

Mandy

edd 2/13/04
iVillage Member
Thu, 07-24-2003 - 10:55pm
I am so with you on the food commercials. It makes me sick to think about it!! Also when driving I can't stand fast food restaurant signs or billboards. Yuck!! Also I have terrible heartburn and a bad taste in my mouth after I eat-- It doesn't matter what I eat either. However for me m/s has been worse with this pregnancy than with my first. I didn't throw up with DS, but with this one I am. I hope it is over soon. I am 9 weeks...

Jenn EDD 2/24