26 weeks-tightening stomach

iVillage Member
26 weeks-tightening stomach
Thu, 11-19-2009 - 8:29pm
Hello ladies i am now 26 weeks pregnant-i was diagnosed with placenta previa at my 20 week appt and have had no issues with it,ob thinks placenta will move as uterus grows-my question is the baby(girl) moves to get comfortable and sometimes my stomach gets so tight it is uncomfortable-it feels like all my organs are being pulled toward the middle of my stomach-do not get me wrong i have two other children and experienced the tightening but once you rubbed your stomach baby would relocate-i know it may be the way the baby is positioned-baby was transverse at 20 week appt too.but should it hurt?and should it give me back pain-feels like back labor-no consistancy to the pain and i havent experienced the back pain since last night-please just send me some reassurance that this is just the babies positioning making me uncomfortable!!!
iVillage Member
Thu, 11-19-2009 - 9:15pm

I was just about to post a similar question -- I hope this is normal. I'm 27 weeks, and my stomach feels like it's stretched to its limits. I delivered 11 weeks early with my DD, so I've never experienced much of the third trimester. Does it ever get better, or is the stretching sensation a constant from here on out?

Thanks for letting me piggyback off your post!

HootHoot_Page_01.jpg picture by mrsdlaw
iVillage Member
Fri, 11-20-2009 - 7:51am
accually i think it gets worse because as your baby grows there becomes less space in there which means every movement will become more and more uncomfortable-right now baby has alot of room and amniotic fluid so the wee little ones are swimmimg while they can,my baby has become the professional gymnast in the past week or so,and it amazes me how strong they are in there-but as far as the stretching i think that it never leaves because baby continues to grow till delivery the uterus grows and then stops once its at its biggest stretch but baby grows still which means less room in uterus.my pains are not stretching though,they are tightening pains -i believe it is because of the way the baby decides to push her back out and it causes this tightening fealing,like yesterday baby was on right side with back pushing out(atleast i think it is her back)this morning she is on my left side.a few more months left we are on our way!!!!
iVillage Member
Fri, 11-20-2009 - 3:00pm
i woke up this morning in the middle of a major contraction!!

Dom siggy
~~~~Thank yo
iVillage Member
Mon, 11-23-2009 - 11:56am
Well as for me baby was transverse at 20 week appt,baby felt very low and just recently have i noticed that the baby has found other comfortable spots now..dont know if baby has changed position completly but do know i feel kicks and punches all over.alot in my right side almost in my back--lots of back pain!!!as far as contractions i am not sure what all the tightness is about,maybe braxton hicks?i go to ob next week so i will ask--ob hasn't given me exact date of delivery yet so i