How soon does mommy brain kick in?

iVillage Member
How soon does mommy brain kick in?
Thu, 05-26-2005 - 9:05am
I'm only 5 weeks along, but I feel so stupid half the time, lol. I do silly things at work that don't make sense. I get halfway through a sentence and then stop...and I've forgotten what I'm saying! I even get distracted and have trouble paying attention when I'm driving (which really really makes me nervous). I've heard this happens towards the end of pregnancy, and even after the baby, but so soon? lol, I feel like a mental wreck!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
iVillage Member
Thu, 05-26-2005 - 9:15am
I'm already there too. I make the dumbest mistakes at work lately and can't seem to remember anything right now.
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 05-26-2005 - 9:23am

Definately there, and it's scaring me to death.

A friend of mine says there are actually studies that show that pregnant women have a harder time concentrating and stuff ...

iVillage Member
Thu, 05-26-2005 - 9:28am
lol, perfect! And I used to be a whiz at crossword puzzles. I would do a couple every night before bed. Well since I've been so sleepy (and falling asleep on the sofa at 8 pm) I hadn't been doing them. But yesterday I tried doing one and I got bored b/c I was having trouble concentrating - I NEVER GET BORED WITH CROSSWORD PUZZLES! lol this is insane!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
iVillage Member
Thu, 05-26-2005 - 9:51am
It's definitely not just you. I've got it too.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Holly_Aug_08.gif picture by renfamily
formula.gif picture by renfamily