Light pink spotting 6 hours after sex?

iVillage Member
Light pink spotting 6 hours after sex?
Sun, 12-05-2004 - 11:09pm
Just went to the bathroom and there was a tad of light pink spotting on the tp. It was barely there but there. We had sex about 6 hours earlier (sorry if TMI). And I've spotted a couple of times after sex. Doc said it was normal. But I spotted tonight about 6 hours after sex. I've read that if you have a just a little bit of spotting within the 24 hours after sex, that it's probably just related to your cervix being bumped. Do you think that I should be worrried or just contribute it to the sex? It wasn't brown or red or anything. Just pink and barely there. And there was no cramping or anything like that. Do you think that I should call the doctor or would that be over-reacting? I'm sure that everything is fine, but it still scared me a little.
Summer
 BabyFruit Ticker

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-06-2004 - 12:04am

I don't think you have anything to worry about. It sounds just like spotting after sex. I am an OB nurse and that is always one the first questions we ask our pt with c/o bleeding....have you had sex in the past 24 hours? If it was only when you wiped when you went to the BR and no cramping, I don't think you have anything to worry about. Hope this helps ease your mind a little.

Jen
EDD 7/19/05

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-06-2004 - 3:27am
Thanks for your reply. I hope that you're right. I went to the bathroom a few more times after my post and still saw spotting... very light but there. It freaked me out. I started having some cramping too. Oh my. But I cramp a lot due to constipation or whatever too. So it could be nothing. My doctor has a 24 hour call line. I called to see if I should go to the hospital or something, but they just took my name and number and said that they would page the doctor. Haven't heard anything yet. I'm guessing that I won't until tomorrow. Please keep me in your thoughts and prayers. I am 6 1/2 weeks pregnant, and I really want to have this baby. Well goodnight ladies. I'm going to try and get to sleep. It's 3:30 a.m. I guess that I probably should. Lol. I'm a bit of a night owl. Thanks and goodnight.
Summer
 BabyFruit Ticker