AmeriHealth and Breast Pumps

iVillage Member
AmeriHealth and Breast Pumps
Sat, 01-16-2010 - 11:28am

I emailed AmeriHealth about getting my breast pump through my insurance. This is what they sent me:
-----------------------------------------------------------------
I am writing in response to your inquiry in regards to benefits for a breast pump.

Please accept my apology for the delay in responding to your email.

Although a breast pump is not eligible for coverage under your medical benefits, you are eligible to receive reimbursement for the purchase of a breast pump through our baby footsteps program.

I am pleased to advise you that I have forwarded your email to the Baby Footsteps Department for review. You may also contact them directly at 1-800-275-2583, a representative will be happy to assist you.

Thank you for selecting AmeriHealth as your health plan. We appreciate your business and remain committed to providing you with quality service.
---------------------------------------------------------------

If I can get reimbursed, I'm just going to buy the good one, and take the cheaper one off my registry. :)

Hopefully they'll email me soon!

siggy.jpg picture by jayslashkay

iVillage Member
Sat, 01-16-2010 - 11:46am
That's awesome Kate!! Reimbursement can be just as good as a covered insurance product! Good job looking into it, I'll have to contact my insurance also! Thanks for the tip!

iVillage Member
Sat, 01-16-2010 - 12:05pm
Yea- I don't mind fronting the money if I'll get it back. I'm going to look on the website for that BabySteps program that he was talking about. Maybe I can find the info myself.

siggy.jpg picture by jayslashkay

iVillage Member
Sat, 01-16-2010 - 4:11pm
That's awesome! Good for you for checking it out. I never thought to do that when I bought mine over 3 years ago. I do need to pull it out of the closet and make sure everything still works!

Photobucket