Bad sore throat all of a sudden!?!?!

iVillage Member
Bad sore throat all of a sudden!?!?!
Mon, 10-16-2006 - 12:16pm

It started yesterday towards evening I noticed my throat was hurting on the left side. This morning it is way worse and it hurt to swallow my toast. I rarely get sick, I haven't had a cold in years and have never had the flu. I have no other symptoms of being sick and am hardly even around anyone as I hardly leave home! I was at the library for about an hour yesterday but I can't imagine I would have caught a bug at the library that could have got me sick this fast.

It feels like a drainage sore throat, and it only hurts on the left side, but my nose and throat have been pretty dry lately so I can't imagine I've had any drainage!

Is this yet another fun pregnancy symptom that I've never heard of?? Or should I call my doctor?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-16-2006 - 12:34pm

I have the same symptoms-or lack of- for a week now. My throat really hurts, especailly in the morning and at night. I go to my doctor on Wednesday, so I'm planning to ask her then what she thinks. Right now, I'm soothing it with hot tea (decaf if I'm on my second or third cup) or what my mom calls "hot lemonade", which really helps. Just boil water, add lemon juice (from the bottle, not fresh) and just enough sugar to make it sweet. HTH!

Tracy

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-16-2006 - 12:34pm

I'm no expert, but sweetie, it sounds like you are sick. Dh started the same way last week. One side of throat hurting, then about 2 days later, the other side started and so did the chest congestion. I told him it maybe sinus' because it is ragweed time of year here, and he told me I was crazy, because his nose was not stuffed up. A couple days later, the nose started up and now he thinks it is sinus'. Geez. Doc confirmed it after I finally convinced him to go. Amoxicillin is knocking it out and he is getting better now.

Hope you feel better soon, and hope it is just sinus' and not a virus. Sending feel better vibes.

Jenni
Kyle Patrick 9/3/97
Brody Anthony 9/21/06

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-16-2006 - 4:35pm
Same thing here...I am going batty.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-16-2006 - 4:46pm
I so know how you feel. My SO had some cold symptoms the end of last week & over the weekend, today I woke up feeling like I'm coming down with the same thing he had. Holy crap this stinks! My throat is scratchy & I'm hacking up little lung cookies (ewwwww). I'm just hopeing that this passes soon.
Hope you feel better soon!
HeatherC.
son Connor 11/15/01
expecting Benjamin Mason 11/14/06
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-16-2006 - 5:54pm

Well, there is no mucus, no cough, no stuffy nose, no runny nose NOTHING! Just a sore throat. I've spend most the day in bed and ate a lot of oranges lol. Dont know if vitamin C really helps but it can't hurt right? If it gets any worse I will call the doctor tomorrow. Great this is just my luck. I have a super strong immune system normally, but DH doesn't. If I get a little sore throat, he'll be really sick. I don't want us to be sick with a baby coming!! I have had a lot of sinus problems throughout this pregnancy. I'm going to hope it's just sinus drainage or something...

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-16-2006 - 8:18pm

Awww I hate to hear that you are feeling bad. I would be more prone to thinking maybe strep throat? But it seems like if it was that you would have a fever or something. Either way I hope you get to feeling better before this little one makes his/her entrance.

Good luck, Shannen

iVillage Member
Mon, 10-16-2006 - 8:18pm
I have the same thing and plan to ask my dr about it tommorrow!
iVillage Member
Mon, 10-16-2006 - 8:26pm

Sorry to hear that you are not feeling great. It started the same way for me last week, sore throat on only one side, in about 48 hours I had a non stop runny nose and felt pretty sick. I have had this for about 5 days now and its still bugging me, now all the congestion is working its way out. My ears finally popped this morning....not fun. Hope you are feeling better soon, all I could do for mine was sleep and use vicks vapor rub...halls and tylenol sinus. I have been really good about not taking any kind of medicine through my pregnancy but this cold was to much.

Take care
Jenn

babyPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-17-2006 - 3:21am
Okay couple Ideas, Maybe you slept with your mouth open and your throat just got raw...Or maybe your son could have brought something home....Mine do this all the time...sometimes they are just the carrier and then BOOM the whole house gets sick...With 4 kids I'm a total germaphobe but I cant get every one of them... So hopefully its just a raw throat for a couple days and doesnt turn into anything else...I had this real bad one that lasted a whole week and then still had left over things to deal with for another 2 weeks!!! I know Gross!!!Good luck!!!
jessie
G